↱Chapter 20↲

Tw// mentions of death

Tommy

9th April

Tommy's 16th birthday.

Tommy looked at the piece of paper he held in his hands. He reread the page over and over, making sure he wasn't reading it wrong. To him, it made both complete sense and complete nonsense. His eyes just couldn't fathom what he had been given.

Phil wanted to adopt him

All Tommy has wanted his whole life was a family, and now, that dream was becoming a reality.

He looked up at the blonde man who had become a parental figure to him. Phil had a big smile, awaiting the boy's answer. Techno and Will both sat either side, watching as Tommy remained speechless.

The blonde tried to speak, but no words could form. The only thing that he was able to manage was tears. Tears of joy as he finally got the one thing he had been dreaming of ever since he was put into the system. The boys at the group home, he would spend nights between foster homes, would laugh at him, telling him that it would never happen, that no one wants an abandoned kid. No one wants a kid who is clingy, loud, obnoxious, has health disorders, trust issues, or is easily triggered. But yet here was proof. Proof that he was wanted.

He stood up, wrapping his arms around Phil, taking the man by surprise. He returned the gesture, holding the boy close with a fatherly grip. Tears fell down the boy's cheeks, he always thought he'd end up in some cheap and shitty apartment with Charlie, both working some shitty minimum wage jobs to try to keep themselves afloat.

Life was going in the right direction, and he had a bunch of people to thank for that.

He pulled away from Phil, both his to-be-older brothers standing up with smiles.

"Are you sure you want me?" Tommy sniffled. Phil looked at the boy, a wide smile across his face. His heart melted for the boy.

"I wouldn't want anyone else" The father stated with complete certainty

"We wouldn't want anyone else" Wilbur corrected with a smile as he wrapped his left arm around the blonde's shoulders and holding him close "Welcome home"

"Thank you" Tommy's breath shuttered, tears still falling down his cheeks "Thank you" He buried his face into Will's chest, Techno placing a comforting hand on the blonde's back.

Tommy's mind was still trying to process the paper which laid on the couch behind him. All he needed was to sign his name and go through court to finalize Phil being his legal guardian, nothing much in the long run.

******

He grabbed his phone, dialing Tubbo's number immediately; he had to tell him the news, Tubbo was his best friend and he'd be damned if he didn't tell him as soon as possible.

"Hey, this is Toby..."

"Shit. His phone is broken, that's right" Tommy mumbled to himself as he hung up. He picked up the piece of paper, now a photocopy because Phil knew what the boy was like, and walked out of the room.

He tracked his way downstairs, the paper clutched in his hand as he held it close. Phil was in the kitchen, making some dinner as Sam, Jack, Fundy and a few other of Tommy's friends were coming for dinner, including Tubbo of course but this couldn't wait!

The older blonde smiled warmly as he watched his son head for the door, already knowing where he was going in such a hurry. The wooden door creaked open as Tommy bolted out, allowing the door to slam shut on its own as he made his way down the driveway.