B. 1 Ch. 7

"I'm nervous around my best friend because I'm secretly in love with her."

The night went by quickly. I was not hammered but I was. Being drunk makes you think you can do absolutely anything. I wanna fly but Downey said he doesn't have time to waste on me. Whatever that means, I wasn't listening. I was drunk talking to a drunk Chris, while everyone was watching.

"You know if you take your shield out sledding you would be the fastest." I say.

"Oh yeah, or take the Ironman suit because it has boosters."

"Noooo, it's heavy."
"That's what the boosters are for." It took a minute to understand but when I did I lost my shit.

"NO WAY. NO WAY. IT WOULD GO BIZILLIONS OF MILES. You're so smart." Everyone started laughing as Chris nodded his head in agreement. I wanted to lean on something so leaned on Scarlett, the closest person to me. I stood in front of her, facing away, and just fell back into her. I heard her laugh as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I started drinking water for the next hour or two. It was barely helping but it didn't matter, I'll just sleep. At this moment, I was sitting down on a stool with Scarlett standing beside me talking. My head was hurting too much to care about what. I mindlessly grab Scar by wrist and pull her in front of me. I didn't want to lay my head on the sticky table.

I could tell Scarlett didn't know my intentions but went along with it. Whatever conversation she was having was put on hold for a second. When I got her in front of me, I hugged her from behind and put my head on her back. She was rather comfortable.

Knowing we'll most likely be here for a while I scooted back into the stool. There was a counter or table behind me to make sure I didn't fall back. With my arms still around her waist, I pulled her down onto the stool. There was a bunch of laughter but Scar sat down anyway.

She had a lot of room so I knew she was fine. Surprisingly, I felt her lean into me as if to get comfortable. Scar continued whatever conversation she was having as I was going to sleep. The last thing I heard was Liz talking.

"Why don't you tell them?" Liz asked.

"Not right now." Scar replied. I felt her move as if she was looking at me but I didn't care to see. The comfortable sleep was calling my name.

**

I was woken up by someone lightly tapping my face and softly calling my name. The nap felt like an hour nap. Not enough to give you energy but just enough to make it to your bed. I opened my eyes slowly seeing Scarlett with my arms still around her. Her green emerald eyes staring into mine.

Given that I was now slightly sober, realization hit me of what was happening. My heart started to race but my body language and face remained normal and chill. I was more so embarrassed than shocked. This is why I barely drink. I let my hands drop from her waist.

"Sorry" I said apologetically. Her eyes were soft, like it didn't show anything but love.

"It's only fair if I sleep on you, you are allowed to sleep on me." Scar smiled at me. We just stared at each other. I didn't want to move. Even though Scarlett makes me ridiculously nervous, in this moment I was at peace just by looking at her. We were in this trance for 10 seconds before Mackie came over and broke us out of it. We instantly spaced out as he spoke.

"Are you guys ready?"

"I'm tired." I said which made Mackie laugh.

"Told you not to drink."

"No you didn't."

"I was thinking about it." And with that Mackie walked off laughing. I love that dude but hate him at the same time.

I watched him leave laughing to myself. When I turned back to Scar she was just staring at me. I guess me looking eyes with her snapped her out of whatever trance she was set in. She looked away and laughed then back at me.

"Come on, we gotta go." Scarlett said helping me up. This hangover is gonna beat my ass. I groaned as I got up. Walking to the door, I checked my phone and checked the time. It said 1:56am. I also noticed I had 2 missed calls and 4 messages from Alfred.

Alfred: Y/N, you have another interview with Scarlett

Alfred: It's one of those, google finishes the search interview

Alfred: It's local so you don't have to fly anywhere

Alfred: It's at 12pm so get rest it's a good distance away, I'll send the address later

I sigh loudly as everyone gets back in the van. This time Robert drives which I had no problem with. As long as Chris didn't. Drunk or not he couldn't drive. I got in the back with Scarlett. I know Scar likes the window seat so I let her have it.

While driving over to the hotel, I saw Scarlett getting tired. She laid her head on the window. I smiled to myself. I went back on my phone and replied to Alfred. When I finished Evans and Hemsworth came and sat in front of me and turned around to speak to me. I rolled my eyes knowing what they were going to say.

"Did you tell her yet?" Evans asked

"No." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Why not. Everyone knows you already-" I cut Hemsworth off by nodding to Scarlett who was still asleep.

"Yeah everyone knows but you know she's dating someone."

"No she isn't." I give Hemsworth a confused look.

"She is."

"Well she told us that she wasn't." Evans said. I looked over at Scar who was still sleeping. It was too early to think of why she didn't tell me. So I just let it go. I shrugged.

"So are you gonna tell her?" Hemsworth asked.

"Maybe maybe not. We'll see."

"You're absolutely no fun."

"And you, Evans, are absolutely drunk. Go take a nap."

"Yeah yeah." I laughed and watched them retreat to the original seats. The rest of the way to the hotel I could only think about why she would hide that.