B. 1 Ch. 20

"You will fall in love many times in your life. But the best one will be falling in love with your best friend."

I picked up the bigger bag which I'm guessing is toys because the sounds it was making didn't sound like anything other than random things crashing together. We walk out while. Scar locks the door, Rose and I go to my car. I unlocked the car and opened the truck. Rose followed me as I made my way to the back of the car with a big smile on her face.

"What were you and mommy doing before?" Child, please.

"Something."

"What was that something?" I put the bag in the truck with a big sigh. Why do kids have to be so questionable? I thought about my answer before putting my hand on the top of the trunk.

"I was about to eat breakfast." I stated simply and her face scrunched into confusion. In the same matter of seconds I felt something hit the back of my head. I turn my head to see Scar standing there with a slight amused and disapproving look on her face.

"What does that mean? I saw no cereal." Rose questioned.

"Don't worry about it baby." I laughed slowly as Scar didn't drop the eye contact with me. "Y/N is just being stupid as always." I gasp and put my hand over my heart. Rose laughs as she goes to get into the car.

"Seriously?" Scar asked with more amusement in her voice than anger. I shrugged.

"She asked, I answered." I closed the trunk and leaned against it.

"But you didn't need to say that. Could've said we were...wrestling or something." I raised a brow as I looked at her. I won't lie, she is really adorable when she is trying to protect Rose's little innocent that disappeared a while ago.

"Would've been worse if she said she wanted to join." This made her laugh as I brought her towards me. "I'll remember for next time." Now it was her turn to raise a brow at me.

"What makes you think there's going to be a next time?" I scoffed.

"Oh come on, I messed up once and I'm already in the doghouse." Scar laughed as she shrugged and tried to walk away from me. I pulled her more into me and kissed her softly.

"Yeah right, I know you can't get enough of me." I said gently.

"I can." And with that Scarlett smirked then walked off, getting into the car. I scoffed. I can play that game ma'am. I got into the car, turning it on. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Scarlett looking out the window with a small smile on her face. I looked in the backseat and saw Rose all in her iPad. I grab the side of Scar's neck bringing her in. Before she could say anything, I gave her a deep quick kiss and let go like nothing happened.

I put the car in drive as Scar is still sitting there dumbfounded. I smirk knowing I caused that look. As I'm driving I see Scar slowly start turning red as she starts biting her lip. I look in the rear view mirror and lock eyes with Rose. We both started laughing as Scarlett looked at us with much confusion. I shook my head as I continued laughing while driving to Denny's.

After a decent drive we arrived at Denny's. Rose couldn't stop jumping as we walked into the building. It was heavily packed as it usually was but there is a decent number of people here. Most if not all of them are older people who fortunately don't recognize Scar or me. A waitress led us to a booth in the corner while not so subtly flirting with me.

"I'll be back to take your order." She stayed looking at me and wink then walked away.

I truly didn't know how to feel. I was uncomfortable because I never know how to respond to someone complimenting me nevertheless flirting with me. I also wanted to laugh because Scar went into Black Widow mode. Stone cold face and was visibly trying not to assault the woman. So I sat there next to a slightly annoyed Scarlett Johansson in front of Flowers.

Rose was too busy coloring her menu to see me put my arm over Scarlett's shoulders pulling her into me. I felt her try to resist leaning into me so I leaned into her. I buried my face in her hair.

"Don't think for even a minute that I'll ever be interested in her. I've been chasing you for damn there my whole life. Now that I got you I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon." I smiled as I felt her relax under me. I got to untangle myself from Scar but felt a hand lock in with mine. I looked to my right to already see Scarlett smiling at me, which made me return it. Scar picked up the menu in her unoccupied hand and held it up for the both of us to see.

Scar was talking about some food option but she was talking more to herself than to me. I looked up to see Rose sitting there crayon in hand and smiling hard. Rose then mouthed 'I knew it' which made me confused. Firstly, when did she know what and secondly did she know what I meant by breakfast? I was brought out of my thoughts as someone cleared their throat to the left of me. It was the waitress but she isn't looking at me, she's looking at Rose or anywhere else.

Everyone ordered and the lady walked away. Well technically Scarlett ordered and I watched her speak. It's crazy how someone so beautifully gorgeous could end up like me. I saw Scarlett turning red again as she tried to shield me from seeing her.

"Thank you." I furrowed my brows as she looked away from the window and back at me.

"You said mommy was beautifully gorgeous." I turned to Rose confused as she nodded her head viciously. I never understood how people could say what they were thinking out loud by accident, I guess I figured out why.

"Well it's true."

"Am I beautifully gorgeous?"

"No, you're gorgeously beautiful." Rose cheesed as she drank some of her juice. I felt something nudge my side and looked to see Scar staring at me with a smile plastered on her face.

"What?"

"You, Y/N L/N, have such a way with words."

"To be honest with you I have no idea where all this confidence came from. I probably died a couple of times then came back as a different form of myself." I breathed out. Scar giggled so I'm guessing she took that as a joke. I was so serious. This woman right here is it for me.