4. Convincing Mother

In a similar vein to how he encountered Stoner in this round, Player approached the left entrance to Shields, preparing himself to sincerely apologise about the whole incident to Mother.

However, he noticed the family of three all huddled together, with Mother constantly and calmly reassuring not only her children, but herself, that everything is okay. She was almost at a breaking point from the looks of things.

Player: Mother? Is that you? Are Timmy and Franklin okay?

The two siblings were surprised and were immediately frightened by his presence. Mother stared at him with great intensity, holding the children closer, in a protective fashion.

Mother: What do you think, Player? You insulted them in front of me! In fact, it was in view of the entire lobby! Not to mention, it was embarrassing for me to hear about how I only care about myself!

Player: Mother, you know me! Why would I ever talk about you or your children that way?

Mother: Did you not hear yourself, last game!? You thought that-

Flashback (Previous Game)

Player and the rest of the core group were located in a meeting at The Skeld, which was the ideal spot for his chaos to ensue.

Player: Timmy and Franklin are never gonna have a promising future! They'll practically be out on the streets, homeless and probably looking for a fight, when they grow up! You hear that, Thing 1 and Thing 2? You make me sick just looking at your pathetic faces!

Furious, practically fuming out of her ears, Mother scolded Player.

Mother: How dare you speak to my sons with that vulgar language! I'll have you know that-

Player: You've failed as a mother? Don't worry, it's clear as the night sky, that you only seem to care about yourself! I mean, you brought them in knowing that Among Us is filled with death and violence and you just let them run loose, killing mindlessly! Is that what a good parent would do?

She was flabbergasted and was left defenseless and speechless. She wanted to fight back, for her children, but hearing how she was setting a terrible example for her peers put her in an awful position.

Mother: I... Uh...

Player: Everybody voting for Mother, say "Aye!" 

Everyone looked over towards Mother, who was on the verge of tears and agreed to eject her, reluctantly, knowing that if anyone of them disagreed, they would be ripped apart by Player.

Present

Player: Come on, Mother. I would never say horrible things about those two!

Mother: Oh, don't bother explaining why, since I apparently care so much about myself, rather than care about other people!

Player: Mother, I never got a chance to tell you this, but back when you first joined, you asked me to hold Franklin, while you completed one of the tasks in Navigation. I was pretty reluctant in doing so-

Cue flashback to AUL 2, where Mother was willing to let Player look after Franklin.

Shortly after, the camera cuts back to the present, where Player is immediately interrupted by Mother.

Mother: Further emphasising my point on what you think of my children!

Player: Because I was the Impostor.

Mother: Wait, what? I'm confused!

Player explained carefully knowing that wasn't his entire perspective of the situation.

Player: I was the Impostor for that round, so you would expect me to kill you when I was nearby, correct?

Mother:...Yes?

Cue another flashback to AUL 2, where the shots switch between a close up of Franklin and Timmy, but also Player sweating.

Player: The reason I didn't have the guts was because I saw how innocent and pure Timmy and Franklin were! If they had seen their own mother being killed from their own eyes, they would be mentally scarred, potentially for life. So many thoughts went rushing to my head at that point, and in the end, guilt just took over me, and I couldn't bear myself to follow through with your murder! That's why I mentioned afterwards...

Flashback (AUL 2)

Player: Yeah, I don't think I can do this.

Present

Player: It wasn't because I hate your children. Far from it, actually. It was because of the pride you hold in looking after the young, all the dedication that it took to get where they are today. How'd you think we all ended up where we are right now?

Mother looked at Timmy and Franklin during his speech and her eyes widened. She slowly warmed up to Player, after.

Mother: Oh my god! You're right, Player! I'm so sorry about being mad with you! But, you're right! I am a true, blue, wholesome, American mother, who will do anything to protect and raise my children the way intended!

Player: Well, I'm sorry for my "doppelganger" taking advantage of the whole situation, back there!

Mother: Wait, did you say... doppelganger?

Player: That "Player" is not the Player you're currently looking at, right now. He'll answer for his crimes, if it's the last thing I do before I leave this lobby for good!

Both Red and Cyan Crewmates were satisfied that they were back to being friends again, and Mother held him to his word about dealing with his doppelganger.

Player decided to leave on that note and head straight for the next Crewmate to befriend again, giving them some privacy in the process.

Player: Alright, I'll leave your family alone and gather your thoughts about this whole mess. I've got some more explaining to do!

Franklin: You rock, Player!

Timmy: Yeah, you're the bestest Crewmate ever!

Mother: Go get 'em, Player!

Player's exit out of shields was quickly interrupted by a meeting that had been called.

Dead Body Reported