16. Celebrations in the Lobby

Emerging from the abrupt dim pitch black void, the area was instantly filled with a cyan coloured vignette, which caught Player by surprise.

He was betwixt and between deep in his thoughts in regards to preceding events. He wondered why this transformation had even occurred.

Player: Wait, what's that blue light?

He was in constant limbo the entire time, perplexed on what this symbolises.

He frantically searched for any further clues on the matter, until he glanced upwards. He noticed pixelated writing in dark blue, which read "yrotciV" from his perspective.

Player's visor suddenly widened when he eventually understood the circumstances. He then proceeded to pinch himself to ensure he wasn't dreaming, and he confirmed that this was indeed not a figment of his imagination.

Player: Oh my god... I did it... I finally won...

He was left in a bewildered state, unable to process what he just bare witness to...until it dawned on him.

He felt as though eons had passed, ever since he first started playing Among Us. Out of those millions and billions of previous games, none of which had resulted in the outcome he so desperately desired...except this one.

He initially thought poor luck had gotten the better of him yet again, before this moment. However, this clearly wasn't the case, this time around.

His heart beated expeditiously and his limbs were vigorously shaking. Player grinned fully across his face, showing his ashen teeth. Unable to control and contain his excitement any longer, he crouched for a brief moment before hopping into the air, exploding into a fit of pure joy and celebration.

Player: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! YEEEEEEEAAAHH!!! FINALLY!!!

He hastily paced back and forth across the diminutive win screen, launching his invisible arms with absolutely no regard for caution.

Player was on the verge of passing out, but regained his composure before raising his balled up fists in the air.

Player: After all this time, victory is finally mine! And it was through normal play, as well! No cheating on my part, no ridiculously overpowered mods, no last minute game-breaking scenarios! And what a way to go out! By getting my friends back, again!

After blurting out his astounding double achievement, both physically and platonically, Player was still in utter bliss. His combined efforts have led to his wildest dreams coming true.

Player: THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIIIIIIFE!!!

His clamorous wails soon echoed as Player eventually returned back to Captain's Lobby, where he sincerely hoped to inform his revived friends of the good tidings.

Player: Hey, guys! You're never gonna believe this! I finally won!

Everyone in the lobby congratulated Player on his first ever victory, loudly clapping and whistling in delight, and he imagined the fame and glory being bestowed upon him.

One by one, every single individual bean approached Player and gladly shared their thoughts while they had their fifteen minutes of fame in the spotlight. Starting with Veteran...

Veteran: Nice one, pal! I can't believe you actually won a game! I bet it must feel great with that sweet taste of victory! And, you didn't even have to murder me, in order for it to happen! I mean, that's what best friends are for, right?