9. Convincing Captain (Part 1)

Player eventually arrived shortly before the entrance to Medbay, where he exaggerated a snail like pace, to once again, prepare himself for Captain.

He already knew before that the pale Crewmate was extremely sensitive, especially comments about constructive criticism, so it was essentially a requirement that he be careful with what he says up close and personal to him to avoid a potential breakdown from Captain.

Loud sobbing could be heard before Player even took a step inside the medical area, and it occurred to him that this poser must have tore him apart into a million pieces in the previous game.

He wasn't gonna stand and dawdle though, and decided to take matters into his own hands.

Player: Captain? Are you... crying?

He slowly approached Captain who was sitting on the furthest hospital bed away from him. The palms of his hands were firmly pressed against his face before Player spoke up.

When he heard his footsteps, he immediately removed them and sniffled in a mediocre attempt to get rid of his tears.

He constructed a poor excuse in response to his query.

Captain: No, of course not, enemy! This is delicious saltwater that somehow procured from my pupils! It reminds me of how much I used to travel around the ocean, on my beautiful cruise ship!

Player sat closely beside him and immediately caught on to his fib and denied it, but with a light hearted, sincere tone.

Player: Captain, you and I both know that's not the truth...

Captain: How would you know, Crimson Crashman? You've never bothered to listen to a word I say, the entire time we've spent on each map!

Player: ...I know that because I understand you're actually a professional pilot.

Captain believed he knew this information from sheer dumb luck.

Captain: Pure guesswork!

Player: I overheard you and Mr. Egg discussing about how you spent 14 years on the training course. That must have been some effort to undertake. You should be proud of yourself for your achievement!

Captain deflected his praise and continued to display resentment towards him.

Captain: I can't say I'm proud of how you treated me, though! You made me feel completely worthless, and I'm already in extraordinary debt after that whole shambles with the PS5 I bought you, so the worthless verb extends to worth-none!

Player was reminded of one of his various mistakes in the past and looked down upon himself in guilt.

Player: Captain, I'm ashamed of myself for that incident and for not listening to you, costing you that game. Well, that's gonna change, starting right now!

Player sat comfortably on the floor, directly in front of Captain, readily awaiting for his information.

Player: Captain, give me the details of what went down in the previous game!

Captain: Why? So, you can rub it in my face like an eraser, and make me look like a complete blank fool again!

Player: No, Captain. I promise, the Player you're witnessing right now is not who you think it is!

Captain was intrigued by Player's statement, but he continued on, regardless.

Captain: Interesting...Well, what was once my bestie, came up to me in a stern fashion and spoke these exact words...