11. Convincing Veteran?

Player had gained some new found confidence in himself as he strolled along to his final destination, Navigation. He couldn't believe how he was still in one piece after his encounter with everyone he had to convince, considering the damage they could have dealt to him.

Unfortunately, he could only remain focused on his main goal to achieve, without dwelling on those he befriended. He only needed his best friend to recover and it'll finally all be over.

With no time to waste or opportunities to slip by, he muttered a short motivation sentence, before one last push to the finish.

Player: Okay, Player! Just one more friend to restore and you'll be scot free from being banned! This is your moment to shine! Give it your all!

The ketchup and mustard beans shared an extremely healthy bond, ever since their first introduction, so Veteran should make amendments without any complications,...right?

Player decided to go in, no holds barred, welcoming himself in a mood that Veteran would have definitely appreciated, before this disaster occurred. Pointing his fingers towards him, Player started off by saying....

Player: Hey, hey, hey! Vetboyslim! Who's my best frie-

Veteran immediately noticed his presence, and without warning, rushed over to Player and sucker punched him across his left cheek, leaving a miniscule bruise in said facial area.

Player: OW! Dude, what was that for!?

Player admitted to himself that was a massive mistake on his part. The two were definitely not on good terms, at the moment and yet he should've known that Player's "alter-ego" was the original instigator.

Player slapped his mouth shut tight with the palm of his hand after this realisation and was expecting another powerful strike from Veteran. Wincing and sticking his hands out to him, he cowardly prepared himself for his next attack.

Luckily, he dropped his scrunched up fist by his side, before things took a turn for the worse. Instead, he was incredibly hostile towards Player.

Veteran: I thought I said I never wanna see you again! But, look who showed up! I guess my wish didn't come true, after all.

Player laid on the truth about his arrival, with a slightly worried tone in his voice.

Player: Veteran, I'm not looking for a fight! I just wanna talk about what happened!

Veteran: You can discuss it with anyone, but me! Leave me alone!

Player: Please, listen to me! I need you to hear what I have to say!

Veteran: After what you did, I don't think I'll ever look at you as a friend. Heck, even a human being! You're such a piece of lowlife trash. Get out of my sight, now!

No matter how much effort Player used to at least warrant his unwanted attention for a few minutes, Veteran wouldn't budge and gradually became irate with Player every time he talked to him.

Player eventually began to realise that it was virtually impossible, even with all of his might, especially now that Veteran considers him to be worthless. He was on the verge of a total breakdown from this. Not a single glimmer of hope had come from his best friend, who was seemingly spiritually trapped within Veteran, unable to be expressed by him.

In complete desperation at this point, he attempted one last time to converse with Veteran, his voice cracking at certain intervals.

Player: Veteran, please! From one best friend to another, please hear me out!

Unfortunately, the crown bearer's breaking point had been officially reached and he shoved Player outside Navigation, causing him to stumble and fall back down to the ground.

Veteran: GET OUT!!!

Player was left in utter devastation and was stained with the feeling of defeat. He was this close to saving everyone, but his efforts proved to be in vain.

He trudged slowly back towards Admin, knowing his fate was finally sealed. Tears formed at the base of his visor and he managed to give one last speech to his lonesome self before reaching his ending.

Player: Well, I tried. Looks like I'm never gonna get to see you guys, again. And I'll just be all alone, without a legitimate victory. I worked a year and a half to get where I am today, I was so close to getting everyone back. But, I couldn't even win at that. Congrats, other "Player". You essentially ruined my life, and my friendship with Veteran. The torture you inflicted on me has caused me to cave in. If you can hear me... you win.

With absolutely nothing left to lose, he lied down on his side and bawled his eyes out, covering his whole visor with his red hands.

The camera focuses on Player's current shaking body for a few seconds before zooming out and eventually the screen fades to black.