15. The Grand Revelation

BDay's poser was left completely flabbergasted, failing to acknowledge his beloved magenta bean, the true defining trait. Things could only become worse for him from here on out.

Player and Veteran grinned and glanced over at one another simultaneously. They nodded in unison at the fact there was no chance of escaping the wrath they were about to unleash upon this scoundrel.

Player: Oh! Couldn't figure that one out? That's fine. I think this case is officially closed. You can quit the act, Monster! We both know you're feigning BDay's true appearance.

Veteran instinctively pointed his index and middle fingers towards the intruder, gesturing a handgun, finding it apposite to resemble a cop show cliché that he had previously witnessed.

He felt as though he was in total control of the situation.

Veteran: Come out with your hands up!

Player raised an eyebrow in confusion, misunderstanding his intention for a brief second.

Player: Uh, Veteran, what are you doing?

Veteran scratched the back of head sheepishly, perceiving his gesture as a tad embarrassing in the belief that Player would have recognised the reference.

Veteran: Oh, my bad. I just had the sudden urge to pull that line out!

Now with their attention fully back on track to their current ordeal, the cobalt poser had virtually no choice but to reveal themselves in bright daylight to the duo.

BDay?: Fine. I suppose I can't keep up this charade, any longer.

He uttered a menacing chortle, dropping his dread attitude and adopting an evil façade. Dragging his viking helmet and placing it atop his head by the ivory horns, he gave off a sly glare to the red and yellow beans, presenting a "miss me?" look.

Monster: I didn't think you had a sufficient number of brain cells to figure that one out, let alone convince your fellow Crewmates to become your friends, again.

Player was immediately aghast in distraught from finally seeing the once sane bean, come face to face after a long absence. He didn't want to believe it, even after knowing he was capable of committing such heinous acts.

Player: Wait! You're the one that's behind all this!? The destruction of my affiliation with my crew!? The murders of my backup!? Not to mention, the fact that you rarely interacted in meetings!? That was all you!?

Monster: I stand corrected.

At daggers drawn, Player balled his fists in pure hatred towards Monster, grinded his teeth, and blurted out in a heart-wrenching tone...

Player: Do you realise what you've done to me!? To my friends!? They were devastated and despised me, because of you! What gave you the right to even pull that stunt off in the first place!?

Monster: This whole elaborate scheme was purely for revenge for selling me and Not-Orange out to your dumb, idiotic friends, that we were cheaters in that game. I bided my time in the Cheater's Lobby, waiting for the perfect moment to strike back, and man, was it worth it! Seeing you suffer and squirm, like the pathetic being you are, filled me with delight. And, hearing you declare that "I win" was just the cherry on top of the cake.

Disgusted after knowing this created a void in Monster's ebony heart, Player shook his head in disbelief, still in aftershock from this traumatic experience.

Veteran realised that interjecting in their current feud may add fuel to the already scorching fire, so he could only view in fear on how these events will proceed. Besides, Player was Monster's main target.

Player: That's just cruel and heartless, even for Mr. Cheese's standards! I never expected you to go full rogue after that incident. Heck, you're still mocking up lies right now! You weren't even sent to the Cheater's Lobby that I was trapped in!

Monster: Of course not, you mindless fool! Do you really think there's only one lobby for delinquents like me? There's thousands of those dreadful places installed! You really never cease to surprise me on how brainless you truly are!

Player: Regardless, I admitted to cheating! You lousy two thought it would be perfectly fine to cover up your own acts!

Growing impatient and sick of Player's sense of moralistic ethics, Monster was fed up and decided to take matters into his own hands.

Monster: Oh, will you ever stop complaining, you moron!? All you do is whine, whine, whine, every single time you lose! I'm sick of it! You have a chance to win this game, and even now your whining! Just shut up, kill Veteran, and let's finish this already!

Monster aggressively hurled his finger down multiple times on Veteran's icon, leaving uneven cracks on his screen. His vote had finally been cast against the crown wearer.

This was it. All Player was required to do was to vote for Veteran alongside his poser, and he would finally earn his first win. For a brief moment, he was actually tempted by this thought that he gradually lowered his finger, barely nanometres away from physical contact. Veteran closed his eyes and psyched himself for the tragic ending.

BDay devilishly smiled, his last minute plan was seemingly in effect to lure Player into tarnishing his friendship and sacrificing his efforts in vain.

However, no matter how persuaded he was by savouring the sweet taste of gold, he couldn't ignore the overwhelming special place he had for his dear friends at the end of the day.

Player: No.

Monster: Huh?

Player: I'm not gonna kill my best friend for some stupid victory!

Monster: What are you talking about?

Veteran opened his eyelids and was bewildered in amazement that Player has chosen to sacrifice another win, just to maintain a strong bond in their partnership.

Player's finger was now locked and centered directly towards an entirely different character icon.

Player: Everyone has suffered enough for today. You really think I'm gonna side with you after all the treachery you've caused, just for your satisfaction? I'm putting an end to this, right now! I'm voting you out!

Monster: What!? No! Player, you're ruining everything!

Much to his dismay, Player accentuated his final vote for Monster. He desperately turned to Veteran, firmly believing he was thickheaded enough to omit the outburst he let out earlier.

Monster: Veteran, listen to me. I know you're smart enough to figure this one out. Save Player the trouble and vote yourself out.

Unfortunately, this mere plan backfired, root and branch.

Veteran: No can do! Apparently to you, I'm a dunce, dork, mouth-breather! So, I shouldn't even understand your instructions properly.

Monster: Veteran, what are you doing!? You're costing Player the game!

Player promptly disagreed with this claim and notioned for Veteran, in trust, to make the last call.

Player: No, he isn't. He's being an absolute hero! It's time to bring out some well-deserved justice! Say goodbye... cheater!

With nowhere left to turn, Monster swore vengeance upon Player before he was swiftly ejected outside the airlock.

Monster: YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS, PLAYEEEEEEE-

The remaining primary coloured beans became two as Player and Veteran embraced in a friendly side hug, staring at Monster being hurled and tumbled into the darkest atmospheres of the vacuum of space, his oxygen slowly depleting.

Monster was an Impostor

1 Impostor Remains

The entire venue eventually faded into the blackness of obscurity, shortly after, leaving Player confused.