2: "𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚍'𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚞𝚜𝚜𝚢. 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛."

Feeling someone shaking her shoulder, Y/n opened one eye as she snuggled into the blanket, that laid over her body, more. Standing above her, revealed her brother, John B. He held a small smile as he looked down at his baby sister.

"Come on, sis. Time to get up." John B's voice was soft. Slowly, the girl sat up, then following her brother outside, where JJ stood on the porch.

"Good morning." Y/n greets her friend while her brother wanders forward.

"Morning." JJ replies in hoarse voice.

Y/n followed her brother, examining all the broken trees around them from Agatha. John B walk to the HMS Pogue, pulling, then tossing the broken branches off of the boat.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ calls to them.

"Yeah, she did." John B replies.

JJ walks up beside Y/n. "What you thinkin'?"

John B pulls himself, hopping into the boat. "I'm thinkin' that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab."

"What about the DCS? Wasn't that today?" JJ questions.

"Nah, they're not getting on a ferry." Y/n replies, shrugging.

"Come on, think about it." John B turns to his sister and best friend. "It's God tellin' us to fish."

***

The three all stood on the HMS Pogue, John B driving it as they went to pick up Pope. On the way, they greeted many people, asking how the storm had gone for them and their families. Soon enough, the trio found their way to Heyward's shop, where Pope stood, a hose in hand as he cleaned.

A little bit behind him, stood his father, also cleaning the mess Agatha did the night before. Beside Pope, sat a sign that read, 'BRING IT ON, AGGIE, YOU BITCH.' Upon hearing the Pogues, Pope looked up, seeing three out of four of his friends there.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory." John B spoke, making his voice sound like he was on a radio.

"I can't. My pop's got me on lockdown." Pope responds.

"Oh, come on, Pope. It'll be fun." Y/n tries.

"Your dad's a pussy. Over." JJ comments, acting like he was on a radio.

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard." Heyward speaks up.

"We need your son." John B informs.

"Yeah, and island rules. Day after hurricane's a free day." JJ adds, lies leaving his mouth.

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward questions.

"Uh... Pentagon, I think. We have security clearance. I have a card." JJ replies.

"Do y'all think I'm stupid?" Heyward asks in annoyance.

"I'll do it tomorrow. I promise. Tomorrow." Pope assures his father.

"No, no. Hell no. You doin' it right now." Heyward objects.

"Get in the boat." John B whispers.

"Make a run for it, bro." JJ adds.