7: "𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢?"

A few vehicles parked side by side could be seen along the ferry as people were traveling somewhere else and out of OBX for a little bit or for a long time. The seagulls flying around and above the ocean waves were loud as they chirped, their sounds echoing through the citizens eardrums, not even caring if they were annoying or not.

Occasionally, smaller boats could be seen in the distance as the people on the boats enjoyed their time for the evening before heading back home. Together on the ferry, the truck parked, the group of four could be seen together as Kie had told them about her parents telling her about sending her to boarding school and out of OBX.

Kie could be seen sitting on the edge of the bed of the truck while Y/n and JJ sat in the bunk, the blonde's arm around her shoulders, and Pope was the only one standing as he rested his elbows on the edge of the truck, the letter in his hands with his brown eyes trained on them.

His mind really seemed to be stuck on the letter and their journey to Charleston, and even if they were talking about something else, their minds were stuck on it as well, even if Kie rambled about her parents sending her to boarding school. Pope was just silently thanking his best friends that he didn't have to do this on his own and wasn't just going by himself to meet with some random person.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kie comments.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." JJ informs, trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm not going to boarding school." Kie objects, shaking her head. "They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"Hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asks.

Kie nods, shrugging. "Like, twenty million times. Some random lady at a hotel keeps answering."

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name." Pope reminds while holding up the letter. "Right now, this letter's our best bet."

***

The sun was still shining down on the many civilians of the many islands in the world in a certain country. Charleston looked almost similar to the Outer Banks, except there were many fancy-looking and bigger houses all around instead of smaller places where people were living in.

The occasional honks and the engines being heard from the many vehicles all around on the roads could be heard, adding to the chirps of birds and the chatters of the citizens that were currently living in Charleston, trying to live their normal lives and having no idea about the group of four that were in their home after receiving a letter.

The said group of Pogues could be seen in the truck. Sitting in between Kie and JJ, Y/n had her head resting on her boyfriend's shoulder while JJ had an arm wrapped around her shoulders. Having gone back in the driver's seat, Pope kept his eyes straight forward to see where he was driving as his foot was slightly pressed on the gas, hands resting on the wheel.

While the couple were sitting close together and Pope was driving, Kie was holding the letter in her hands while she was rereading the words over in her head like Pope had done earlier, occasionally making some comments in between about the words that were written.

"Guys, I've read this thing like a thousand times. It makes no sense." Kie states with a sigh. "I mean, the Limbreys own, like, half of Charleston. What do the Kook kings of Charleston know about a murder on Kildare island?"

"Why you specifically?" Y/n questions, glancing at Pope. "That's the other creepy thing."

"'Please come alone'." Kie reads while pointing at the words. "That's hella sus."