31: "𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎."

Morning had came to the Outer Banks, the birds flying through the air and occasionally landing on the soft sand of the beach. The Wreck held four Pogues inside, two of them sleeping. The sun was slowly beginning to rise up in the blue sky as loud sirens could be heard every minute or so, letting the teenagers know that John B hadn't been found yet.

As Kiara and Pope were sleeping in the seats, the couple of the four stood near the windows. JJ had his arms wrapped around his girlfriend's waist, chin resting on her shoulder as they listened to the police sirens. The two shared occasional kisses as Y/n would look back over her shoulder and peck his lips.

The sound of a soft groan filled their eardrums, making Y/n look over, seeing Pope slowly waking up. As he sits up, the Heyward boy takes a glance at Kiara who was still sleeping. The boy had confessed his feelings for her the night before when he had followed her to the Cameron's house and he was high off weed.

Unfortunately for Pope, the Carrera girl had rejected his feelings as she hardly let him speak anything as he had said those three words. Pope stands to his feet as Kiara began to wake up, walking towards the couple and stopping beside them.

"He's pinched for sure, man." JJ tells him.

Pope shakes his head. "No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope." Y/n murmurs, feeling her boyfriend squeeze her hand reassuringly.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too." Kie speaks up, making them look at her.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope states.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ asks.

The Heyward boy doesn't reply to the blonde's question as he steps towards a table, digging into a bag that sat on top of it, soon bringing out a pair of keys that belonged to the motorbike that was parked out front of the restaurant. The three watch as he ventures towards the exit of the Wreck.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope informs.

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kie tells him in a calm and gentle tone of voice.

At her words, the boy stops in his tracks just as he had gotten to the door so he'd leave, slowly looking to the Carrera girl in the room, seeing she was already staring at him. He couldn't help but narrow his eyes on her, seeming to be glaring at the girl. Instead of replying to her words, he looks over his shoulder at the couple that watched the interaction.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late." Pope instructs.

Without waiting for a response from either of them, he storms out of the restaurant and towards the motorbike. Y/n and JJ glance at Kie who sighs, standing up and following after Pope, calling after him. Y/n steps outside as well, stopping by the door with JJ right behind her as they watched the two of their friends.

Pope had hopped onto the motorbike, revving up the engine as Kie stopped beside him, shouting things over the engine. However, every time she spoke, Pope would just rev the engine so he couldn't hear what she had to say to him. After a couple seconds, he drives off, leaving his three friends behind.

Kie slowly turns back to her other friends, a frown on her face. As she begins to walk back to the couple, the sound of a helicopter whirring fills their ears, causing the three to look up, seeing a helicopter flying over them in the sky and passing them while doing so.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ questions.

***

After Pope had left, the three Pogues still found themselves in the Wreck as they were packing boxes full of food and other things, sealing them shut and piling it up together once they finished fill them up. The food and necessities were for John B when he goes on his little escape trip, possibly with Sarah, today. Y/n was missing her brother deeply, hoping him and Sarah were alright and haven't been found yet.