22: "𝚠𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚒𝚝, 𝚍𝚊𝚍."

All were finally happy that the two girls were now getting along. The original five was now a group of six now that Sarah had joined them, and all were okay with it, every single one of them getting along with the Kook. The six teenagers all sat in the campervan together, black clothing hugging their bodies, hoping to blend into the darkness that was now out.

As John B continued driving their way to the Crain house, he had began to ask for all the things they needed, making sure they had it all. Luckily, they did. Eventually, the Routledge boy parked the campervan in front of the Crain house, hopping out.

The others followed his lead, climbing out of the vehicle. The three girls had been the first ones to climb over the locked gate in front of the house, the three boys following in suit. Quietly, the six found themselves sneaking through the Crain's grounds, flashlights in hand. When they had gotten closer to the basement, just like before, the porch lights had suddenly turned on, making them all freeze. Curses escaping them, they quickly dove behind some bushes, making sure to turn off their flashlights.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope observes.

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggests, sounding uncertain.

"Yeah, that's not how it works." Pope replies.

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B suggests.

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kie comments sarcastically.

"Throw a rock at it?" Y/n repeats in disbelief.

"You guys have a better idea?" John B fires back.

"Literally anything but that." Kie replies.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch." Sarah cuts in. "We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."

"No, no. You're not going in the house alone." John B objects.

"Watch me." Sarah challenges.

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ recalls.

"If you believe that, but she's like what, eight-five? She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah states.

"Here. I'll go with you." Y/n offers.

"Same here." Kie adds.

"Okay, we'll wait for your signal." Pope informs them.

JJ quickly grabs his girlfriend's hand, looking at her. "Be careful."

"Don't worry, I will." Y/n reassures.

"Hey! Be safe." John B whispers, looking at his sister and girlfriend.

"We will." Sarah assures.

And with that, the three girls walk off, JJ reluctantly letting go of his girlfriend's hand as they leave the three boys behind. Sarah leads Kiara and Y/n through the many bushes and trees, soon quietly walking up a small staircase before stopping in front of the circuit box. Kie opens it, however, the breakers weren't even there.

"Where are the breakers?" Sarah asks in a whisper.

"What is this?" Y/n adds.

"Shit. It goes inside." Kie observes.

With Sarah and Y/n using their flashlights to look up, all their eyes follow the pipe connected to the circuit box, seeing it going inside the house. Making sure to be extra quiet, Kie opens up the gate in front of the door, then twisting the handle, the door opening.