26: "𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚠𝚘."

The loud sound of metal clinking together fills the Routledge siblings eardrums. The sound of the seagulls and the crashing waves added to the clinking as John B began driving the boat back to shore. Both siblings glance over their shoulders, seeing Ward climbing up the ladder, a hook-like weapon in his hand, letting them know that that's what made the clinking sound.

Once he was fully up all the way, the older man began swinging the weapon near the siblings, shouting at them, causing John B to grab his sister's hand, both stumbling back and away from the wheel as the brunette pushes his little sister behind him, standing in front of her protectively. The brother and sister's eyes were wide upon seeing what Ward came was now like in front of them.

Just earlier he was so nice to them as he usually has been, letting them have a glass of really strong alcohol. But then, it all went downhill when he began speaking about the treasure that they had found. They remember panic lacing through them when he had realized that they found it, but they still denied it.

"It wasn't my fault! It was your guys father, okay? It was your guys father that tried to change--" Ward yells.

John B suddenly lunges at him. "You piece of shit!"

The brunette grabs ahold of the weapon, both of them fighting for it as Y/n stumbles back. Seeing the blade of the hook right near her brother's face, Y/n jumps up and onto Ward's back, kicking and punching at him as she knew that this was the best she could do at the moment. She didn't last long on his back as he had been able to push her off, sending her to the floor and then headbutting John B as he had gotten distracted by his sister and was sent rolling down at the front of the boat.

Y/n's eyes go wide as Ward turns to her. Quickly getting to her feet, the girl grips the other side of the weapon, kicking the older man in the shins in hopes of getting him to let go. However, his grip was too strong as he sent her over the edge and near her brother. The Routledge siblings look up at the man just as he runs off. Quickly grabbing his sister's hand, John B pulls her with him as they run on the side of the boat.

Stopping near the back, the brunette bangs on a small little compartment where the radio that would connect with someone back on shore was inside. Soon enough getting it open, John B begins trying to connect to someone only for the entire thing to go all staticky. As her brother continues trying, Y/n looks to their right, seeing Ward just about to swing his weapon at them.

"John B, look out!" Y/n shouts, pulling her brother with her.

John B quickly gets the man pinned to the wall but Ward kicks him in the crotch area, then hitting him in the back at the bottom of his weapon. Y/n lunges at the man, swinging a punch to his face, then going to kick him in the crotch like he did to her brother. However, he stops her knee, roughly pushing her to the floor of the boat. Seeing Ward going to swing the weapon at his sister, John B rushes to get in-between the two, holding up his arm that held the cast, letting the blade get stuck there for a moment.

Once shoving Ward to the floor, John B helps his sister up, the two rushing up the stairs and inside the boat where the brunette takes off a cushion of a sofa, revealing a whole beneath it. Digging inside, he brings out a gun-like weapon, quickly loading it up with shaky hands just as Ward walks. Shooting up, the Routledge boy pushes his sister behind him, aiming the weapon at the older man.

"Stay right there! Don't move! Don't move! I swear I'll kill you, Ward." John B threatens.

"Do it. Do it, John B. I know you want to." Ward replies.

John B narrows his eyes on him more. "Fuck, shut up."

"But then... you'd both have my body to deal with. Believe me, it's more complicated than it seems. But hey, if you--" Ward informs.