15: "𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚖."

In the HMS Pogue, Y/n stood beside JJ, who stood in front of the steering wheel while the other three sat outside, chatting with one another. The blonde drove through the giant blue waters, making their way to their destination. JJ and Y/n chatted to themselves, the blonde occasionally glancing back at her.

"Alright, JJ. Pin it here." John B soon announces.

"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ replies, obeying the directions.

Once he parked the boat, John B bends down, grabbing the drone and holding it in his hands. They all watch as he puts it over the edge of the boat, where it lays in the air, right above the water.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen." John B begins. "To going full Kook."

And with that, he gently drops the drone into the water. Y/n leaves JJ's side, going to her brother's, the Routledge siblings and Pope watching through the camera of the drone. Meanwhile, Kiara holds the tether attached to the drone, measuring how far it sinks down.

"Alright, JJ, we're right over it." John B calls.

"Ten seconds northwest." Y/n informs, the siblings looking at the tablet in John B's hands.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." JJ repeats.

"One hundred feet." Kie calls out.

Just then, a sudden gasp leaves Pope's mouth, staggering back slightly upon seeing squid swimming in front of the screen before swimming away. Pursing his lips, he walks back, trying to act normal. The siblings, however, noticed his actions and they both rushed over to him.

"What? What, what, what, what?" John B questions, chanting it over as excitement fills him and Y/n.

"It's nothing." Pope replies softly, not wanting to dampen their mood.

The Routledge siblings exchange a look, letting out small groans as they walk back over to the tablet, listening to Pope stammer an apology to them. After a few minutes, the drone reaches four hundred feet, which is announced by Kie as she uses a piece of chalk to tally it on the side of the boat. Eventually, the sound of thunder is soon heard, the clouds in the distance beginning to darken.

"The tide's turning." Kie observes.

"Hey, JJ?" John B calls, receiving a hum. "Ten seconds easy. Southeast."

JJ nods a little. "Copy that!"

"JJ, twenty seconds mid-speed, alright? South." Y/n instructs.

"Copy that! Aye, aye." JJ replies, doing as told. "Keep the tether out of the prop!"

"I'm trying!" Kie exclaims.

"JJ, keep going!" John B demands.

"John B, Y/n, is that good?" JJ asks.

"We're good!" Y/n replies.

"Okay, seven hundred feet!" Kie calls out.

Once again, thunder is suddenly heard, sounding way closer than before. The four teenagers outside the boat glance at each other as they look up, the wind picking up more and more while the waves of the water below them become more violent, making them stumble around a few times. Kiara and Y/n's hair continuously blow in their faces from the wind, both wishing they tied it up before then. JJ looks out the window, seeing dark clouds, full of lightning sitting in the sky in front of them.

"JJ, hold it steady!" John B instructs.

"Okay, nine hundred!" Kie informs.

"JJ, we're gonna turtle in this storm, man." Pope calls to the blonde, voice filled with worry.