32: "𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚞𝚝."

After leaving the Maybank household, Kie was once again driving as they made their way to their destination. On the way, many police cars had sped right by them, letting the group know that John B had still yet to be found, making Y/n relieved that her brother was at least alright for the moment. Eventually, the trio found themselves parking right out front of the garage before JJ unlocked it, showing the boat sitting in front of them, a cover on it full of dust.

"There she be. Hey, girl. A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." JJ states as he takes the dusty cover off. "The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under sixteen hours, girls. Forty years old! Forty. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker." Kie comments.

JJ's brows go up. "Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you."

"I like it. It looks nice." Y/n says as she steps towards the boat.

"Thank you, baby." JJ replies with a smile. "But let's just put it this way. You would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

Kie shrugs. "I just hope it runs."

"Oh, no, she'll run alright. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." JJ informs.

The sound of an engine coming from a motorbike fills their eardrums as the sound got closer and closer to the garage, echoing throughout the entire room that only had some tools and the Phantom inside. Kie rises to her feet and walks away from the couple, thinking it was Pope as she still wanted to talk to him as she walks along the side of the boat. However, the brunette stops right in her tracks when Rafe suddenly turns the corner, his blue eyes glancing between the three teenagers.

"Hey, there. What's going on?" Rafe greets the Pogues. "JJ? Y/n? How you guys doing?"

Hearing a whistle being heard from behind them as it echoed throughout the room, the three turned around once Kie made her way back to her friends, seeing Barry turning the corner of the vehicle as he slapped a hand on the car, a smug smirk on his face. Next thing they knew, the sound of a gun cocking was heard before Barry was aiming a gun at JJ who rose his hands in surrender.

"Well, well." Barry says, still smirking. "See, don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I'm here because I want my motherfucking money."

Suddenly, the black haired man lunged at the blonde as he sent a punch right the Maybank boy's face, sending him right to the ground. Y/n was quick to lunge at Barry, however, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist as she was lifted up from the ground and being pulled away from her boyfriend and friend who was trying to fend off Barry who dealt with both Kie and JJ, the blonde still on the ground. Rafe placed the Routledge girl on the ground, turning her around to face him.

"It's not you we want, Y/n. Where's your brother?" Rafe questions, his tone sounding demanding.

"I don't know!" Y/n fires back.

Next thing the older boy knew, Y/n had retracted her hand before her first met his face, making him stumble back just a bit, his hand going to his lips as he felt a bit of blood ooze down his nose. He wouldn't lie, the Routledge girl had a very strong punch. The bloody nose didn't seem to bother him as he wiped the liquid with the back of his hand, looking back at the girl and stepping closer to her.

"I really wish you didn't do that." Rafe tells her.

"I know what you did." Y/n informs.

Rafe raises a brow. "What? What did I do?"

"You murdered Peterkin!" Y/n bursts out.

Hearing her sudden and loud shout, Barry stops what he was doing to JJ and looks over at the only Kook in the room, a shocked look laying on his face at the sudden news. Kie took this distraction to her advantage as she jumped on Barry's back, kicking and punching at him. However, the black haired man was able to get her off of him, sending her to the ground before continuing to kick at the blonde that had began to get up from the ground.

Y/n noticed her friends being in trouble as she stepped in their direction, but however, she didn't get far as the Cameron boy's hand suddenly came up and wrapped around her neck, slamming her back into a concrete pillar while he slightly lifted her up. Y/n's hands wrapped around his wrist as his fingers began to squeeze around her neck, choking her while strained sounds came past her throat.

"Don't you ever say those fucking words again." Rafe sneers at her. "Understand?"

"Let go off her!" JJ shouts, stepping towards them but Barry stopped him.

"Where's your brother, Y/n?" Rafe repeats.

The Kook's voice sounded even more demanding than before as he waited for an answer that he liked till he'd let her go. However, the boy was having second thoughts, thinking that maybe he could also take the younger Routledge sibling in, thinking that John B would have no choice but to come and save his sister and turn himself in so the police wouldn't suspect it was Ward even though they all already thought it was John B except for the Pogues and his sister.

Y/n's hands tightened around Rafe's wrist, trying anything to get his hand off her neck as the air continued leaving her lungs. All of a sudden, the loud clang of metal echoed throughout the entire garage as Rafe's hand loosened from Y/n neck while he fell to his knees, a loud groan of pain escaping him. Taking large gasps of air, Y/n looks ahead of her, behind Rafe, seeing Pope standing there as he glared at the Kook who was just about to kill one of his best friends.

"Leave her alone!" Pope yells.

After a few fast seconds, the Routledge girl found herself in the middle with Kie right by her side, Pope and Rafe fighting one another while JJ and Barry sent punches and kicks after the blonde was able to knock the gun out of the older man's hands, Y/n then kicking it beneath the boat. Eventually, JJ was able to finish off Barry before walking to his girlfriend, them and Kie looking to Pope who wasn't holding back on Rafe.

The three shouted for their friend to stop as they soon saw blood oozing out of Rafe's mouth from the heavy and hard punches Pope was sending right to him. Soon enough, Rafe stumbled back into a desk and the next thing he knew, a thick rope was being wrapped around his neck just as Pope pulled on it, strained chokes then escaping the only Kook in the room.

Quickly realizing that Pope wasn't backing down one bit, JJ was frantic and quick as he took matters into his own hands as he grabs ahold of the Heyward boy from behind, managing to get the raged boy away from the Kook who fell to the ground, loud and heavy gasps escaping past him as the air desperately got back into his lungs, the rope loosening from around his neck, most likely gonna leave a bit of a mark from the material of how the rope felt on his skin.

While heavily breathing from the big fight he just had against a Kook that he didn't think he'd 'win', Pope raged expression turns into a look of realization, his brown eyes widening as he finally seemed to realize what he had been doing and what he was just about to do. He almost murdered a murderer, Rafe Cameron.

"Okay, we gotta go." Kie tells the group.

The brunette began making her way back to the car, knowing they were gonna follow as neither of them wanted to be near Rafe or Barry any longer. Y/n stared at her best friend's shocked figure before her and JJ followed after Kie, hand in hand. Pope was looking down at his hands before he found himself glaring daggers right at the Kook laying below him.

"Stay off the cut." Pope demands.