16: "𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝚁𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚍𝚐𝚎."

Pope, JJ and Y/n found themselves walking behind Kiara, who had gotten them to join her at the outdoor cinema that occasionally happened in the Outer Banks. All of them carried bags, along with beach chairs so they could actually sit somewhere and not the hard ground beneath them.

Kiara didn't notice how tense her three friends were. JJ held a tight grip on Y/n's hand as them and Pope kept an eye out for any Kooks. But that's not the only reason she was tense. She was worried about her brother, who was nowhere to be seen. JJ had reassured her, telling her he's probably fine. Key word: Probably.

The Chateau was empty when Y/n went to check, no Cheryl or Deputy Thomas or even John B, in sight. The power was still down, meaning they had no way to contact the Routledge boy. Y/n couldn't help but think: did he get away? Did he run off?

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you guys glad I made you come?" Kie asks.

"Ecstatic." Pope replies sarcastically.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ informs.

"I'm glad you did, Kie." Y/n truthfully adds, giving the girl a smile, receiving one back.

"We're out of the green zone, man." Pope whispers to the blonde.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ reminds, his tone just as quiet.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be." Pope states.

"Shut up, Pope." JJ hisses.

"Hey, Y/n/n." Kie begins, looking to the said girl. "Wanna grab a Pepsi?"

"Sure, why not?" Y/n agrees.

Both girls leave the two boys, JJ reluctantly letting go of the Routledge girl's hand, watching her walk off. As they get to the food stand, Kiara was the one to speak, asking for the Pepsi's. As Kie goes to pay for them, the cans are passed on to Y/n, who holds them in her grip.

"Hey, Kie, Y/n." A voice calls out.

The said girls look over, Y/n tensing up more when she sees Rafe Cameron, Sarah Cameron's older brother, looking at them as he walks over, stopping slightly in front of them. Upon seeing him, Kie rolls her eyes, wanting nothing more than to walk away from him.

"Hey, what's up? How are you girls?" Rafe questions.

"We're fine." Kie bluntly replies.

"Good, good. Um..." Rafe says, nodding. "Tell your boy that we know what he did."

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asks.

"He'll know." Rafe replies.

Kie rolls her eyes again. "Whatever. Come on, Y/n/n. Let's go."

"Actually, I need to talk to her." Rafe informs, quickly stopping them. "Alone."

Looking to her friend, Y/n could see the reluctance on Kiara's face as she glanced between the Kook and her friend. Slowly, Y/n hands the Pepsi cans to the Carrera girl.

"It's alright, Kie. I'll be there in a minute." Y/n reassures.

Hesitantly, the Carrera girl walks back to JJ and Pope, sitting down while Y/n turns back to the Kook, seeing a smirk laying on his smug face.

"What is it?" Y/n questions.

"You had something to do with it, didn't you? I mean, of course you did. Everyone knows how close and touchy you and blondie over there are." Rafe tells her, gesturing to JJ from afar. "Get back at Topper for almost drowning your stupid brother."