23: "𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍."

The Routledge siblings and Sarah all walked together at the Cameron's house as the siblings had started explaining the plan to the blonde. John B had explained how much gold there was when he was in the well. As they walked together, Ward suddenly walks out of the house.

"Hey." Ward greets.

"Hey."

"Hi!"

"Hello."

The three awkwardly greet back once stopping in their tracks. The siblings exchanged glances, hoping Ward didn't hear a word they were saying.

"What are you three plotting?" Ward questions.

"Uh... The... usual stuff." John B stammers out in reply, glancing at the two girls.

"World domination." Sarah adds.

"That's my girl, always aiming high. It's gonna have to wait a day, though, cause I'm taking these two kids fishing tomorrow morning. First light." Ward explains as he looks to the siblings. "Just you two and me."

"No, they can't tomorrow." Sarah protests.

"Why not?" Ward asks.

"Well, because we have plans." Sarah replies.

"Oh, really? What plans are those? Sit by the pool all day?" Ward questions.

Sarah shakes her head. "No."

"Look, that boat needs a first mate, and you two need to start earning your keep around here, alright?" Ward states, pointing at the siblings.

"Dad." Sarah begins.

"What? Sweetie, I'm kidding. They're new to the family. I just wanna take them fishing. Is that alright?" Ward asks.

Sarah reluctantly nods, looking down at her feet while her father looks to the Routledge siblings. Sharing a look, they slowly nod in agreement, making Ward pat their shoulders, a smile growing onto his face.

"It's gonna be good." Ward states.

***

The next day, Y/n found herself sitting with Kiara and Sarah as they looked down at the drawing that Pope made on a sheet of paper. The three girls began laughing at how the drawing wasn't the best they've seen. Eventually, JJ soon walks out, dropping the gold in front of them.

After a couple minutes, everyone gathered around as they watch Kiara begin to melt the gold so they could pawn in later. Y/n and JJ sat side by side, backs against a tree. The blonde had his arm wrapped around his girlfriend, placing many kisses on her head as she snuggled close against him.

Once Kie was finished with the gold, the group of six found themselves getting into the campervan, to which John B began driving towards their destination-- the pawn shop. Eventually, the Routledge boy parks out front, where they all head inside, JJ making his way to the front desk.

"Afternoon, ma'am." JJ politely greets the shop keeper.

"Afternoon." The woman greets back.

As the blonde teenage boy stopped himself at the front desk, in front of the woman, the other five teenagers of the group of six slowly walked around the shop, making sure to stick close so they could listen to the conversation between the two.

"I see you buy gold." JJ observes.

"That's what the sign say, don't it?" The woman fires back.

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." JJ informs.