5: "𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚋𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

The sound of birds chirping was loud in the Outer Banks, the occasional sound of engines motoring as vehicles drove by on the road adding to the sounds, the wind blowing by every few minutes, sometimes causing the waves of the ocean a bit stronger every time that happened as the wind would get a bit more powerful as well, but not enough for a storm to come rolling in like there always seemed to be.

The Pogues had decided to go after the weapon Ward Cameron had used to kill Gavin with, but they were quick to realize the murder weapon had been in the sewers, considering it had fallen down the drain and it wasn't in the trash they had gotten from the dirty water of the small river they stood by, the trash all in the trash bags they had placed on the ground in front of them.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors? Or alphabetically? Or, like, the oldest goes?" Kie questions.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then it has to come out your pecker." JJ informs. "So, uh... that would be a hard pass for me."

Pope nods. "That's gonna be a no for me."

"No, I get it. You guys are scared." Y/n points out.

While Kie instantly nodded in agreement to her words, the boys had been quick to protest that they weren't scared, Pope insisting that it was the pecker thing as JJ tried putting a tough expression on his face, insisting he wasn't scared.

As they continued doing that, wanting to act tough and look tough, the girls had shared a look with one another, both silently agreeing they'd go in together. They wouldn't admit it like the boys, but they were scared too if they went in, but if they went in together, they'd know they wouldn't be as scared, considering they were together and not by themselves.

"Y/n and I will go." Kie blurts out when they finished speaking.

JJ tenses, looking to his girlfriend. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Y/n assures. "Promise."

With that, Kie was the first to crouch down go onto her hands and knees as she crawled into the entrance of the small and tight tunnel that her and Y/n were, luckily, able to fit inside. Being right behind her best friend, Y/n was in the same position as her and Kie were now crawling through the small tunnel, the sound of water filling their ears from ahead of them.

The sound of the boys voices calling from them as it echoed through the tunnel a bit echoed into their eardrums, their voices echoing back whenever they answered their questions. A few times, the girls found themselves moving their hands up and down to move the twigs away from their face so they'd be able to see better and not get anything in their eyes since it was so dark down in the sewers, they'd need to be able to see good when down there.

After a couple seconds of crawling through the small and very skinny tunnel that they were somehow able to fit through, Kie found herself touching some water as she crawled out into a more open space, Y/n following right behind her. It was then that the girls began searching for the gun, still on their hands and knees as they moved their hands in hopes of feeling a metal piece that was shaped as the murder weapon they needed to find.

The sound of comments coming from Kie could be heard only for them to hear as she commented about how shitty people were for putting plastic in the sewers and in their water. As she did that, Y/n shuddered in disgust at the sight of wet food floating in the water and many other things that was in the water with them.

Placing her hands around at the bottom of the water and feeling something, the Carrera girl was quick to call her best friend over before calling to the guys that she felt something.