4: "𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚗."

Rain was pouring down on the island of Outer Banks and the civilians who lived on it as the occasional rumble of thunder and the flash of lightning could be heard and seen all around. On the grass on the island, the dirt that was always there was turning into mud from the water drops that were falling from the sky.

The only thing that could be heard was the rain pounding against the roofs of the buildings and the windows of the vehicles that occasionally drove by, the thunder rumbling every few minutes adding to it, making it even louder than the rain already was at the moment.

Hiding behind something on a roof near a construction site, the four Pogues could be seen all together as they were peaking out from where they were hiding. Just across from them, Ward and Gavin could be seen speaking together on another part of the construction site they were near.

As they had followed Gavin, Pope had gotten his camera, his telephoto, so he would be able to record it all and then they'd actually have evidence. Feeling her now wet hair stick to her face, Y/n found herself being crouched in-between her boyfriend and Kiara as they stared ahead.

"Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag." Pope informs in observation as he continues to film.

"Guys, I think this is a payoff." JJ states.

"Gavin doesn't look happy about something. It looks like he's yelling at Ward." Pope observes.

"Why?" Kie questions.

Pope shrugs. "I don't know, but he sure looks mad."

Sharing glances, the group of four were soon looking back at the two men as Gavin continues to get angrier, which this only seems to cause Ward to get angry as well. Next thing they knew, Ward was lunging at Gavin as they both began fighting each other, slightly surprising the teenagers.

As they sent punches to one another, Ward seemed to have been winning before he was throwing Gavin against a table, the man's forehead slamming against the rim of the wooden table before he falls onto his knees. Y/n gulps as she watches his clutch his hand as blood gushes out. Ward doesn't even look to care as he dives to the man, quickly grabbing the gun in Gavin's pocket.

"Holy shit." Pope curses. "Ward's got a gun."

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie states.

Still looking right forward at the two men, they watch as Ward seems to speak with Gavin before turning around and beginning to walk off. However, Ward comes to a stop in his tracks and turns back around and the next thing they knew, two gunshots rippled through the air as the bullets hit Gavin.

Kie, Pope and Y/n all let out gasps as all four of them duck down and hide behind the small wall they had been hiding behind. JJ glances at his girlfriend, seeing she was staring ahead with wide eyes, clearly being shaken up just like him and the others all were that they just witnessed a murder. Pope was slowly peaking back up from the wall, holding the telephoto up again.

"Tell me you just got that." Y/n pleas.

Pope nods. "Enough to put this asshole away for life."

The other three all peak back up from the sign they were hiding behind, seeing a now lifeless Gavin laying on the construction building as Ward was looking down, searching for that gun that Pope told his friends he lost.

Seeing him look in their direction, they were all quick to duck down before looking back up and see he was quickly rushing down and onto the streets, soon kneeling by a drain as the gun had fallen inside. Just then, surprising her friends, Kie was suddenly standing up and revealing herself, ignoring her friends questions as their voices were full of panic.