The Assistant I

Cruella P.O.V

Friday, March 23rd, 8:07 PM

Keeping your enemies close is a good strategy. However, I do believe that I've been taking this statement way too literally. The plan was to only become friends with the Baroness' personal assistant to grab some information; sleeping regularly with her can be considered a detour. Falling in love, on the other hand, is just plain dangerous and utterly irresponsible. Nevertheless, whenever I feel her skin on mine, I always realize one thing: I love danger.

"Estella, we need to go." She whispered between our heated kisses. "The Baroness will soon notice we're not there."

"Just tell her we went to the loo". I breathlessly replied. "That's not a lie."

"It's the spring collection event, she isn't giving me a break tonight." Y/N unwrapped herself from my arms, the cozy warmth from her body no longer with me. "It's an important night."

"Your discipline can be annoying sometimes, darling." I joked while helping her fix her hair. "But you're right, it's going to be marvelous."

Little did she know.

"Are you staying tonight?" She asked, leaning her back on the sink. "You disappear every time we have something special."

"These events usually end late, and Buddy needs me." I nervously lied. "You know how clingy that dog can be."

Although tricking people is a normal activity for me, lying to Y/N is like ripping my heart out of my chest. Not being honest and hiding my true self from the sweetest girl I've ever met are the main reasons why my nights are sleepless. She's just like Estella: sweet, well-behaved, good. Cruella is the exact opposite. I believe it's almost a crime to make such a comparison. How will a generous woman like her stay with an evil genius like me?

"Okay, I get it." She spoke with a sad tone. "Just let me know when you're leaving, okay?"

"Of course, darling." I said, watching her take little steps towards the restroom door. "Hey, dear?"

"Yes?" She turned.

"Your ass looks amazing in this dress."

She laughed, "Perv."

Friday, March 23rd, 9:30 PM

"Shit!" Horace shouted when noticing our car was gone. "The guards are coming. What are we doing now?"

"We just tore her signature piece apart in front of everyone." Said Jasper while trying to catch his breath. "If her guards catch us right now, I'm sure they'll kill us."

"Calm down, imbeciles!" I angrily spoke. "Just shut up and help me find a way to get out of here!"

"Hey, isn't that Y/N?" Said Horace pointing to his right. "She's going to her car! Can't she give us a ride?"

It is a good idea. Asking for her help, however, means I would have to ultimately reveal my true identity to Y/N. Not only she'd find out Cruella and Estella are the same person, but she'd also realize I'm a batshit liar who has been hiding for months. She's going to hate me and I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her.

"She will understand, Cruella." Said Jasper almost on cue. "She's our last chance to run away safely."

"How are you so sure?" I asked quietly.

"Because she loves you, mate." He smiled weakly. "Come on, we can't think too much. She's starting the car."

We ran as fast as we could towards her car. Although my heels were killing my feet, which made our great escape even more difficult, we somehow managed to get to the other side of the street before she drove away.

"Y/N! Open the door!" I screamed while knocking on the passenger door, making Y/N jump in fear. "Please!"

"Cruella?" She questioned with a confused face while rolling the window. "How the hell do you know my name?"

"It's me, darling." My hands were shaking. "Estella."

angst always makes me so invested. part II coming right up!