Calm Before Storm

suggested by @helenqueenpolly

Cruella and I are the perfect example of the "opposites attract" theory. She's intense, reckless, the highlight of every single room we go into, and probably a little imprudent sometimes. I'm quiet, logical, and definitely not as radical as her. While she's a natural troublemaker, the idea of causing any trouble terrifies me tremendously. But, despite all odds, our strong relationship is the only constant remaining in my life.

Because of that, I always try my best to fight my nature and help Cruella with her crazy plans. I know how important it is for her to defeat the Baroness and retrieve the necklace. It's the only material memory she had from her mother, after all. However, her plans can become too radical for me sometimes.

"You know what to do, right, darling?" asked Cruella as we stopped the van in front of the venue. "You just need to help Horace distract the guards so I can go in."

"I don't know, Estella." I replied as my legs bounced restlessly. "I don't have a good feeling about this."

"Dear, you always have a bad feeling about my plans." she laughed. "It'll be fun, come on."

Unfortunately, my anxiety was stopping me from having any fun. My heart was beating so fast it could run a marathon, breathing was becoming a hard task, and I could feel drops of sweat falling down my forehead. This couldn't be normal.

"Baby, you don't understand." I said desperately. "I really think this is a bad idea."

Although it would not be the first time we were stealing something, this plan was our most dangerous one yet. So many factors can go wrong and lead to terrible consequences. What if Horace and I get caught when trying to open the safe? What if the guards try to hurt us once they realize we're impostors? What if the Baroness finds out Cruella is Estella? One small detail can ruin everything we've been planning for weeks.

"I can almost hear the wheels turning inside your head, Y/N." she said. "Look at me."

Cruella grabbed my chin gently and made me look at her. She offered me a soft smile while swiping the sweat out of my face with her indicator finger. Despite her beautiful dress and bold makeup, her blue eyes were still gentle and kind to me.

"Darling, nothing is going to happen." She pulled me closer, making our foreheads touch. "You'll do a great job."

"We can't be too sure, Estella." I said weakly. "What if something does happen?"

"I'll be there with you." She said firmly, kissing my cheek. "I'll never let anyone harm you. Understood?"

"Yes." I replied. "But, please, promise me you'll be careful."

"I always am, sweetheart." She winked playfully. "Are you ready?"

"I am."

"Good girl." She smirked. "Now let's kick some ass, shall we?"

two in the same day? my day off is definitely being productive! thank you for reading and for supporting me :) i hope you enjoyed it!