Leave Before You Love Me II

warning: foul language.

Cruella P.O.V

Friday, 8:35 PM, London, UK.

"Mate, we can't take seeing you like this anymore." Said Jasper as we drove towards Regent's Park. "This is the most important night of your life and you look like you're heading to a funeral."

"Why don't you just talk to her, Cruella?" Horace spoke from the backseat. "Why not just give the two of you a chance?"

"And drag her into our mess?" I scoffed, my thoughts drifting away as I watched the cars passing by on the street. "I'm not that evil, believe it or not."

It's always quite funny for me to think that people truly believe love is a calm and effortless feeling. Theoretically, loving someone is meant to be serene, trouble-free even. Then, if such theory is true, why is my heart taken by pain? Why did seeing the girl of my dreams become such a depressing experience?

However, I guess the blame for said ache is mine. The signs were everywhere. I knew, ever since the very first night we slept together, that falling for Y/N would be inevitable. Her shiny
smile lighting up the room, the glint in her eyes when she's drawing new dresses, the way she lets me take control when we're making love all night. She is the sweetest, most generous girl I've ever known; and I'm the cruelest, most condescending person I've ever known. It can't work.

"She likes you too, it's clear to see." Horace continued to speak. "I'm sure she wouldn't care about anything, as long as she was with you."

"I know she does." I replied melancholiously, resting my head on the window. "But Y/N deserves someone kind, a pure soul just like hers. I don't want to ruin her."

"Okay, self-loathing genius." Jasper spoke sarcastically as the van came to a full stop, the park's fountain on the other side of the street. "What about ruining an old woman's career? Can you do that?"

A smirk slowly painted my face. Destruction is the only thing I've ever known.

"Let's do this, imbeciles."

Friday, 10:07 PM, London, UK.

The dark-red and green neon lights abruptly went out as we could see the police coming towards our improvised stage. The sounds of Jasper's guitar and Artie's voice were replaced by loud sirens, making my models and spectators run away as soon as they could. The streets of London were now in a state of complete disarray, akin to the Baroness herself and her entire company. What a delightful evening.

Although some might disagree, propagating chaos is definitely a good way to lessen emotional pain. After all, there's nothing better than seeing your enemy's empire crumble into pieces right in front of your eyes. The Baroness is over, it is finally time to hear me roar. The sadistic pleasure that tonight has given to me is almost unbeatable. I was able to forget, even if just for a little, the reason for my heavy-hearted sadness.

"Can't believe we just did this!" Horace yelled electrically as we drove away from the park, adrenaline still running in our bloods. "We should commemorate!"

"I agree." Jasper replied with a shy smile, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "But I believe Cruella should celebrate in a slightly different way, mate."

"What are you planning, imbe-"

I stopped myself from finishing my sentence once I realized where Jasper was taking us to. The lit up streets of Mayfair were now ahead of us, and it didn't take long for me to spot a very familiar red brick building on the end of the avenue. My eyes jumped in panic.

"No, no, no." I repeated restlessly, my gaze alternating between Jasper and the red bricks. "I'm not going to meet her tonight, moron. There's no chance."

"Yes, you are." Jasper stopped the van in front of the entrance. "It's now or never."

I looked at the third floor, the lights of her apartment were still on. She was awake.

"Mate, give yourselves the opportunity to love." Horace spoke gently, touching my shoulder while offering me an empathetic grin. "From what you tell us, she doesn't want good boys or heroes. She wants you."

Jasper also smiled at me. "Go get your lady, De Vil."

A quiet "thank you, boys" escaped my mouth as I fiercely exited the passenger seat and entered the building, not giving myself the time to look back nor reflect over what I was about to do. The closer I got from her apartment as I left the elevator, the faster my heart was beating inside of my chest.

To hell with kind people and pure souls. I'm fucking Cruella De Vil. I'm enough for her.

I began to frantically knock on her door as soon as I approached it, not caring about how loud I was.

"Who the hell is it?" Y/N shouted angrily, opening the door without even looking at me. "You better have a good reason for disturbing me like th-"

As soon as she saw me, her mouth went shut and her jaw dropped almost instantaneously. I held my laugh.

"Cr-Cruella De Vil?" She asked, still astonished. "W-what are you doing here? Do I even know you? Do you know me?"

"Y/N, it's me." I took a step closer, our bodies only an inch away. "Estella."

Her eyes jumped in surprise, an expression of utter disbelief painted her face.

"No way. No, no, no, no, no." She babbled in panic. "I don't believe you, that's impossible! You're not Est-"

Kissing her was the only way I could think of proving her I was telling the truth. So I did. Once our mouths touched, the usual butterflies tickled my stomach as I guided us to the nearest wall in her living room. Our bodies pressed against each other even more, my tongue deepening the kiss like my life depended on it. She moaned.

"I know you love when I have you against the wall like this." I whispered breathlessly, my mouth making her way towards her neck. "I know your neck is your weak spot."

Almost instinctively, she wrapped her legs around my waist as our kiss became more desperate. Every single one of our movements was natural, nothing was new to us. I led us to the couch, Y/N still on my lap as I sat down.

"You had to buy this new sofa after we broke the old one when trying a new position." We laughed between the kiss. "Your neighbor told the apartment manager that we were being too loud at night."

Y/N suddenly stopped, still looking at me a little confused. She was panting, her hair was messy and my red lipstick was all over her mouth. She still looked like the most captivating woman I've ever seen. Our eyes locked and, in that moment, I knew she realized it was me: her Estella.

"I could recognize these damn green eyes anywhere." She said with a shy smile.

"Charming, right?" I joked.

"Why me?" She leaned in, making our foreheads touch. "Why are you revealing yourself to me?"

"Because I love you."

Her eyes jumped once again. "What?"

"It's not just sex for me either, darling." I said sincerely, tucking some hair strands behind her ear. "I'm falling for you, Y/N."

She remained silent, still looking at me.

"I know I'm not the best for you, I know I'm not good with feelings. I was pushing you away, and I apologize if it hurt you." I rambled nervously. "But, please, give me a chance to love you in the right way this ti-"

It was now her turn to interrupt me with a kiss. A deep, passionate, sincere kiss. The best one we've ever shared, making me wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and repeat it forever. We smiled like idiots, our lips connected like they would never let go.

"You're not the best, but you're the one I want." She whispered. "I love you too."

"Does that mean I can stay for breakfast tomorrow, then?" I asked playfully. "I love bacon and eggs."

"Always."

there you go, darlings: a happy ending! i truly hope you enjoyed this one, it's a little longer than usual. feel free to share your thoughts in the comments! i'm always happy to read and respond to every single of them. hope everything is going well!! M