The Act V

"This is our stop, madam."

"Thank you, John." I smiled at him from the backseat. "You really didn't have to pick me up. I could've just asked for a cab."

"Ms. De Vil demanded I bring you."

My cheeks went red. "Of course."

I was faced with Hell Hall once again as soon as John opened the car door for me. This time, however, I was not going to be alone with my pseudo girlfriend and her friends.

Tonight was the celebration of Cruella's newest collection. Her events are known to be one of the most exclusive, prestigious events in the entire city of London. Whoever receives an invitation is considered an influential — and very lucky — individual.

I received way more than an invitation.

"Y/N, hi!" Horace greeted me as soon as I entered the mansion. "You look great, mate. I'm glad you're wearing your gifts. Cruella will go crazy when she sees you."

I woke up a few days ago to a few knocks and a beautiful white box on my door. My heart almost slipped out of my chest when I opened it and came across one of the most incredible white dresses I had ever seen in my entire life. 

A shiny silver necklace with a letter "C" pendant and a handwritten note were also inside:

"You're my guest of honor, darling. I made this dress for you. (I told you my girlfriend would always be seen wearing the best).

Yours truly,
Cruella De Vil"

"Where is she, by the way?" I asked while looking around the room.

"Anita stole her for a few minutes for an interview." Horace explained. "She should be back soon."

I have not seen Cruella since our photoshoot. Yet, she visited my mind and dreams every single day.

I relentless wonder what would have happened if we had not been interrupted, if her question did not remain unanswered. Was she going to kiss me? Was I going to kiss her? What does she taste like? My breathing becomes erratic just by letting my fantasies take over.

It seemed like I was not going to have a moment to see her anytime soon, though.

"Y/N, baby!" Artie yelled excitedly once he finally saw me. "What took you so long? We have many things to do."

"Things to do?" I looked at him with a confused face. "I thought we were just drinking champagne and celebrating Cruella tonight, Artie."

"Honey, have you taken a look around?" I shook my head. "The most important figures in the fashion industry are in this room right now. And they all wanna meet you."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yes, really." Artie laughed. "You're a star now, gorgeous. Welcome to fame."

The penny dropped when I took a look around for the first time: almost every single eye in the room was staring at me.

I could see them whispering to each other, the indiscreet camera flashes pointing towards my direction. I have never received this kind of treatment before.

"Smile, baby, smile." Artie whispered to me. "Let's go land you some jobs."

He barely gave me time to breathe. We walked around the entire ballroom talking to every person considered "important to my career", according to him. Designers, magazine directors, photographers. My cheeks hurt from fake smiling too much.

This was a dream coming true. My career was about to skyrocket to unimaginable levels. I should be feeling on cloud nine. But, somehow, every path in my mind would drift straight to Cruella.