Roses and Stolen Tickets II

requested by @local_gay_psycho.

Cruella P.O.V

I have wanted to take Y/N on a date ever since I laid my eyes on her for the first time. I might never admit it out loud, but she is the main reason why I go to Artie's shop almost every single day. Sure, my plans to mercilessly defeat the Baroness once and for all require lots of textiles. Fancy cashmere, however, is not barely as fascinating as seeing her bright smile whenever she admires the stunning dresses hanging around the boutique, her velvety hands feeling every fabric like it's the most precious diamond in the world. Little does she know that her beauty is the most valuable gemstone around here.

"You've been awful quiet for a genius, Cruella." Y/N joked as we walked towards the theatre, the night sky and Londonian lights already looking down on us.

"Having you by my side is making me speechless." I said with fake confidence and a smirk. "Black pants look good on you, by the way."

She blushed. "Thanks."

It appears that being a genius also makes me a very good liar. It is quite stupid to realize that, in truth, the reason for my lack of words is my utter state of nervousness. She makes me restless, that sweaty-palm kind of feeling that no other lady has ever made me experience before. Although my sexual-related encounters have been extremely successful in the past, romance is not my... well... area of expertise. As a matter of fact, I am certain that no one would ever describe me as romantic. I am willing to try for her, though.

"Royal Albert Hall is right ahead of us, darling." I said as we still walked side by side. "Do you see it, too?"

"I thought it was going to be a little fussier around here, don't you think?" She replied while looking around, a intrigued look painting her face as we noticed the slow movement of cars and people across the street. "It's almost like there's no concert tonight."

I stopped dead in my tracks as soon as those words came out of her mouth. My eyes widened as I furiously looked for the tickets in my jacket.

"Cruella, what's going on?" Y/N questioned skeptically.

The tickets were now in my hands. "W-What is today's date, dear?" I asked desperately while staring at the tiny papers in front of me.

"Saturday, October 16th."

Oh, no.

"There is no fuss because the concert is not tonight." I said in disbelief. "It was yesterday."

"You can't be serious." She took the tickets out of my hands, scanning to see if I was wrong. Her face fell, along with my heart. "Well, that explains a lot."

"I am so sorry, darling." I apologized helplessly, looking straight into her eyes. "I must've mistaken the date once I took the tickets out of her desk."

"Hey, relax." Y/N flashed me an empathetic smile, her left hand now resting on my shoulder. "Mistakes happen."

I have been planning the night ahead of us for weeks. I projected every single detail, stupidly hoping to impress her with things she enjoyed. I don't even like classical music, for God's sake. I just wanted a chance to have her melt in my arms while they played some boring Bethooven. Everything is ruined. I need to save this date.

"What do you say we go straight into dinner then, sweetheart?" I hopefully asked.

She nodded. "Lead the way, De Vil."

My stomach fluttered when I heard my new last name coming out of her lips. This is becoming pathetic. She is defying the things I was certain about myself, making me wonder if my boldness and flirty persona are just a shameless facade. I never struggled with getting physical, but as we walked together on our way to the restaurant, I barely knew what to do. Should I hold her hand? Should I intertwine our arms? Cheap pick up lines are easy. Working my way to her heart is the hardest mission yet.