Prologue

Raven's mask ^^^ 

Raven's POV

I did a roundhouse kick to the opponent's temple and almost immediately, he fell to the ground unconscious. Once he is down on the ground, the crowd burst into cheers and some groaned because someone dumb decided to bet on my opponent. Everyone, I mean everyone around the globe from the underworld knew me, since I am a legend to them. I don't mean to brag or be cocky but that's the fact. Everyone in the underworld knew me, but they don't know my real identity. Every time I fight or dance or sing or race, I would always use the mask that covered my half of my top face which is the nose and the eyes. This mask is like a masquerade mask, but I designed it myself. 

"The winner is our undefeated champion, Death Angel!" The 'host' shouted and the crowd cheered as the host raised my right hand up. 

He soon let go of my hand and I gave him a short nod, which he returned. I looked at my passed out opponent and I sighed. I take a good look at his shoulder and see that it is dislocated shoulder and unexpectedly, my opponent who seemed to be in his early 20's woke up. 

"Hey, sorry about your shoulder. Let me fix it." I gently told him with my British accent. 

"No, don't." He said sternly, but I gave him the 'I won't hurt you' look. 

He nodded and I helped him up gently. I let him sit on the ground of the boxing ring and let him lean on the boxing ring string. Without any alert, I pop his left shoulder back in. He groaned in pain and let out a sigh of relief. I gave him a small smile and the somehow some of the crowd has smiles on their faces. I've always treated an opponent like this since I started joining street fighting at such a young age. I exited the boxing ring and I walked as the crowd parted like the red sea for me and I take the water bottle that I haven't drink yet. I let my towel hang on my shoulder and as I went to collect my money and I got $7800. Jackpot! I guess many people doesn't bet for me. I looked at my opponent and I threw my water bottle at him which he caught with his left hand. At least, his shoulder is healed. 

As I walked past my manager, Eric Bronze, I thanked him before I slipped a thousand dollars to his bag. He doesn't know it but he will find out soon. I walked towards my black Harley Davidson that Eric gave me for my birthday. 

I know, I am 14 and I am riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle

I know, I am 14 and I am riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Don't blame me for it. Blame Eric. He is the person who made me fall in love with this motorcycle. I quickly went to Eric's garage that's less than a mile from the orphanage I am living at. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Raven Scarlett Delilah. I am 14 years old and my parents died when I was 3 years old. My parents died because of a plane accident and since I have no family relatives, I have to live in the orphanage. The orphanage is having some difficulties, so I decided to help them. The only way to save them is by money. They need money for the renovation and food. 

From that day, I started street fighting, dancing, racing and singing, but I hid my identity well. I have 3 different voices and 3 different accents, so no one would know or recognize my voice. I also could speak 7 different languages which is German, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Greek, Korean and English. My first language is English because it is the easiest. Greek is my second language, Italian is my third language, Spanish, Romanian and Korean is my fourth language. Trust me, it is so hard to understand those different languages. It took me 2 or 3 years to fully understand a language and know how to write it. 

There's a reason why I studied all those languages. I studied those languages because I basically travelled almost all around the globe. That's one of my plans when I am out of the orphanage when I am 18 or I get adopted by someone else. I have ever been abused a few times when someone wanted to adopt me. 4 out of 6 of my foster families has ever abused me and it is not a fun experience. I got some permanent marks and scars. Not only that, but I got traumatized for 2 years, but now I am over it and I'm ready to move on with my life. I think everyone knew that I don't deserve to have a family. 

I sighed sadly and I parked my motorcycle in Eric's garage. After that, I sprinted as fast as I can to go to the orphanage because the curfew is 7 p.m. Bed time is 9.30 p.m. Now is 6.44 p.m. and I really need to be quick. in record time, which is only 7 minutes, I've arrived to the orphanage. Wow, 3/4 a mile and I reached it in 7 minutes. I don't know that's possible. I walked in the  orphanage and saw Grace. She owns the orphanage and she works here as the 'management'. Grace is 42 years old and she is beautiful with her dark brown hair cascading down her shoulders and her light sea blue eyes shining every time the sun hits it. Even, a 20-year-old guy could fall for her. Grace doesn't have wrinkles, yet and she is very wise. 

"Hey Grace." I cheerfully said and waved at her. 

"Oh, hi Raven. C'mon, dinner's about to be ready." Grace informed me while she stood up from her place and gestured me to go to the dining room. 

I nodded at her and bolted to the dining room. As I reached there, kids and teens are basically chatting, laughing and spending time with each other. We all love each other like family. No one here is  rude or arrogant. People here are nice, warm and sweet. When I first arrived here, I felt very welcomed and loved and as I grow, they became my family and I treated newcomers like the way I was treated when I first arrive here. The youngest on here is Ronnie, a 2-year-old boy who was left at the doorstep of the orphanage with only a note and a light blue teddy bear. I and Grace read the letter and trust me, when I finished reading it, I am fuming. I mean, who would not want a child?! Who would dare leave an innocent toddler at the doorstep?! 

I calmed myself down when I realized that I was clenching my fists and digging my nails to my palm. I take a seat between my best friends, Rocky and Rodney. They are identical twins but I managed to find their differences. Their differences are their hobbies, their way of talking and their eye color. Rocky's eyes are light green, while Rodney's eyes are a few shades darker. They are the best and I couldn't be more thankful and grateful to have them as my best friend. We are so close that we are inseparable and we are called 'The trio'. We do almost everything together and trust me, we've seen each other naked, but we don't care. They are big brothers to me. Oh yeah, they are a year older than me and I love them as a family. 

"Dinner is served!" Grace yelled and then plates of food are prepared on the table. 

Tonight's dinner is spaghetti with meatballs and tomato sauce. I took a spoon of it and it tastes good! Yeah, the cooking in the orphanage DOESN'T suck. That's one of the good thing here. 

"Ave, where were you?" Rodney, who is at my right asked while he took another spoon of spaghetti. 

"I was out for a walk." I simply answered and shrugged. 

"If you went out just for a walk, why are your knuckles bruised?" Rocky asked while he narrowed his eyes at me. 

I looked at him and lied smoothly, "I punched a wall because I always remember a-about the a-a-accident."

With those said, my eyes started to tear up and I started sobbing. All this crying is not an act. It is real. I remember when a cop and a foster care came to my house in the middle of the night and told me that my parents are gone. Even though I was a kid, I understand what they meant because I've ever lost someone before. 

"Shh.. It's okay. It's okay." Rocky said and hugged me, not long after, Rodney joined the hug and I buried my face to Rocky's built chest. 

"I love you guys." I choked out.

"We love you too." They both at the same time and I sniffled. 

I wiped my tears away and hugged them one last time before I continued dinner and joke with Rocky and Rodney. Then, the clock struck 9.30 p.m. It means bedtime. We all went to our rooms and I know, that orphans supposed to have their own rooms, but I, Rocky and Rodney shared a room that is big enough for the 3 of us. There is also a king-sized bed where I, Rocky and Rodney sleep on. We share a bed and I of course, would always be in the middle. We all brushed our teeth and hopped into bed. 

"Goodnight guys. Love you." I said to them before I cuddle to the both of them. 

"Love you too." They both said and kissed my forehead, which brought up a smile to my face. 

I hope one day, the 3 of us will get adopted.