Chapter 4: Leaving for Italy

--- Raven's POV ---

--- 10 June 2022, 15.59 p.m. ---

---3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, United States  ---

--- Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey, USA ---

Sitting in a private jet is very luxurious and luxurious is something I am not used to because I've been living in the orphanage 3/4 of my life. Since I am a street fighter, street racer, assassin and hacker, I have a lot of money and you know that I use the money for the orphanage but I also secretly buy mansions, cabins and safe houses all around the world. It is for safety purposes in case if anything goes wrong. I have 2 safe houses and a mansion in Italy, a safe house and a mansion in France, 2 mansions and a cabin in Switzerland, a safe house in London, a cabin in New Zealand, a mansion and a cabin in Europe, a safe house in Indonesia, a cabin and safe house in Norway and a mansion in China. 

The twins have their own cabins, mansions and safe houses. They have a safe house in China, a mansion in Indonesia, a cabin and 3 mansions in Australia, a safe house in Bulgaria, a mansion and a cabin in Malaysia, a safe house in Singapore, a cabin in Brazil, a safe house and mansion in Mexico and 2 cabins, a mansion and a safe house in Russia and a cabin Japan. We have always been prepared in this sort of things and not to mention that the twins and I have friends and allies all around the world. 

My and the twins' allies are the Russian Mafia, Albanian Mafia, Silver Wolf Gang, American Mafia, Blood Blade Gang, Sicilian Mafia, Bulls Eye Gang, Red Queen Gang, Black Ace Gang, Spade Gang, Blood Lash Gang, Korean Mafia, Japenese Mafia, Switzerland Mafia, Chinese Mafia (and they are cruel but they are allies with us because I save their second-in-command), New Zealand Mafia, English Mafia, Mexican Mafia, Drakor Academy (a school for assassins, fighters and racers) and Red Serpent Gang. Oh and I am allied with Russia's best street fighter, street racer, street inventor and trainer. I also have allies in major and international companies such as American Express. Co (American and this company help us deliver weapons to or from different countries), AlRosa. Co (Russian and this is where the twins and I buy diamonds to be sold in the mafias, gangs and companies auction called the Black Dahlia which is held up every year), Gazprom. Co (Russian and this is where the twins and I sometimes get the vehicle), Hidroelectrica. Co (Romanian and this company is where I and the twins got the gadgets and techs because they secretly trades some of their techs for money. Hidroelectrica is a leader in electricity production and the main provider of technological services required in the National Energy System) and IntelliCorp. Co (UK and the twins and I just 'use' this company to do background checks on people when we are feeling lazy to do a background check on someone).  

Being connected to those dangerous people are for our own good. If we don't make allies, the whole world will probably hunt us down until the end of the world but don't worry, there are other places where I and the twins can live at. Let's just say that the places are underwater and in a cave in Rio De Janeiro. I and the twins visit that place sometimes but we are only able to be there for a day or 2 because we don't want Grace to worry about our wellbeing. Then, my mind just went to the time when I said my goodbyes to the Dads and staffs from the Library and Americana Diner. I hope that they all are going to be okay. 

I am surely going to miss them but I have to go here. Going is not the only difficult thing because I also have to act innocent in front of the Romanos. They cannot know about me being in the Underground. If they figured it out, I am doomed. Well, not that doomed. 

"Would you like any snacks?" Lorenzo asks as he sat in front of me and the twins. He is wearing the fancy grey suit that people wore for meetings and I think I know why. 

I was about to answer him but the twins answered first, "No, thank you." When the twins said that at the same time, Lorenzo looked a little bit freaked out because it is a bit freaky. Oh well, he got to get used to it. The twins will do that everyday. There's no doubt about that. 

I silently cleared my throat and began to act innocent, "No, thank you, sir." Lorenzo looked at me and smiled - almost making me laugh. The Don of the Italian Mafia is smiling at me. In the Underground, the Italian Mafia is known to be ruthless and dangerous but seeing that puppy-like smile on his face makes me want to burst out laughing. 

Can you imagine it? A strong-looking and dangerous person has a puppy-like smile. That sounds adorable, got to admit it. "So, Lorenzo, where do you live in Italy," The twins asked while leaning back against the cream-colored seat that somehow felt like pillows instead of usual hard-cushioned seats. 

Lorenzo shifted in his seat and answered with an authoritative voice, "I and my wife, Sophia, lives in Rome. We have been living there since we got married." The twins nodded before they decided to take my seatbelt off and placed me on Rodney's lap. Seriously, again?

"Rodneyyyyy." I half-whined as I tried to get out of his grip but I have to keep the innocent act so I pretended to struggle. "I want to go." 

Rodney just buried his face in my hair and hugged the life out of me from behind. Am I a freaking cuddle bear?! I narrowed my eyes at Rocky and he just sit there like nothing happened. 

"I don't want you to go." I heard Rodney mumble making me roll my eyes at him. I just crossed my arms on my chest and huffed with annoyance. I gave them both the stink eye and even though Rodney couldn't see it, I know he can feel it. 

I eventually just give up and decided to sleep. It is now or never. I got comfortable with Rodney and changed our position. Rodney leaned back on his seat and now, my back is against his chest. Without much thinking, I just closed my eyes. I couldn't sleep that quickly so I decided to hear what Lorenzo is doing. A phone call is heard and Lorenzo is quick enough to pick it up because he must have thought that I am sleeping. Wait, we're in a jet. Why is he calling?

He picked up the call and talked in hushed whispers, "Questo è Lorenzo Romano. Mi dispiace, amore mio, ma voglio farti una sorpresa.... Tesoro, se te lo dicessi ora, non sarebbe una sorpresa, vero? Va bene, Sofia. Ti amo anche io, ciao." (This is Lorenzo Romano. I am sorry, my love but I want to make a surprise for you. Honey, if I tell you now, it would not be a surprise, would it? Okay, Sophia. Love you too, bye.)

I am guessing that he called Sophia, his wife and I think I and the twins are the surprise he is talking about. Nice, very thoughtful of him to adopt the 3 of us to surprise his wife. Since Sophia couldn't have kids because of her bad past, I guess the twins and I are Lorenzo's choice. One thing I hope is that Lorenzo won't be spoiling me or the twins. And I hope that when we arrive to Italy, Lorenzo won't send us to rich kids' school. I would just go to a public school that has teachers and students who can speak English. I don't want Lorenzo or anyone in his family to know that I can speak a few languages fluently. 

They will find out when the twins and I are ready to tell them about it. Now, I am just going to have a shut eye. And I just can't believe that we just left New Jersey to live in Italy for the rest of our lives. 

After sleeping for with the twins for 3 and a half hours, I woke up and just decided to read a book. It is a bit dark here but I bet in Italy it will be darker. New Jersey and Italy has 6 hours different. When New Jersey is 11.54 a.m., Rome will be 5.54 p.m.. 

I opened my backpack and took out a book titled 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians. The Titan's Curse.' I love Percy Jackson and his blue food ideas. Yum... Blue cookies and blue pancakes sounds delicious. Now I want to eat hundreds of blue cookies but I have to wait to arrive to Italy. 

A/N
I am so sorry for the short chapter. I am quite busy with school and other stories but I tried to write this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it! Bye now, I am in a hurry to study for my tests! 

~ Avery. C. Johansen :)