Chapter 5: 2nd Day of Staying

(Raven's Outfit ^^^)

Raven's POV

So, it has been 2 days since I've been staying here. So far, I love everything and sadly, there are some rules that I have to follow inside this house. So, let me tell you those rules. 

Rule #1: No boys, no drugs and no silly business (such as pranks).
Rule #2: No sneaking out after curfew (which is at 9.30 p.m.).
Rule #3: Do as Sophia or Lorenzo or any of the Romano's says.
Rule #4: If I want to go somewhere, I have to ask for permission and tell them the location.
Rule #5: No running around the house. 
Rule #6: No going to the basement or the 3rd floor. 
Rule #7: Always answer questions (by talking instead of just nodding).
Rule #8: Eat the food that is served. 
Rule #9: Always call any of the Romano's when it comes to an emergency.
Rule #10: If there are any boys coming to my room, I have to open my door widely. 
Rule #11: The driver, Orlando or any of the Romano's will give me a ride if I need to go anywhere.
Rule #12: No lying. 
Rule #13: Don't invade privacy (which means that I have to knock on the doors if I want to enter someone's room).

Wait, I think that's all. Yup! All 13 of those rules. I don't really mind most of them though. I only mind rule #2, #4, #11 and #12.  I mean, how am I not allowed to sneak out?! I need to get my business back in line, which is always at night and I couldn't do it without sneaking out of this damn mansion that is surrounded by guards (which I could sneak easily but I am afraid that one of the Romano's would check up on me and realize that I'm gone and would let out a search party or rather army.) For rule #4, I couldn't follow it because I cannot tell them about going to an underground street fight. What do you expect me to say? You want me to say 'Hey! Y'know, I actually sneak out of your house every night to go to an underground street fight. I am hoping to meet you guys there too as you are involved in the mafia.' to my new foster parents?! The hell I am not doing that! For rule #11, I want to drive my baby, my motorcycle. Eric is shipping the motorcycle here and I couldn't wait to see her again. And as for rule #12, I couldn't not lie to them. I will not always be truthful. You know what I mean. 

Do you actually expect me to tell them the truth about me being in the street fighting, singing and dancing business? Hell no! I would never do that until I am ready to tell them the news. To be honest, I once have another business. I not only did street fighting, dancing and singing, but I also was an assassin. But I retired because it doesn't feel right to kill or assassinate someone that I didn't know. I used to go by the name Dark Shadow because I have always hid in the shadows and I would always leave without a single trail. So, they always thought that I'm a shadow. 

Nightmares plagues my mind and I regret killing the people that I didn't know. I was an assassin for a year and everyone feared me just the way they feared Death's Queen and Death Angel. Sometimes, I wished people to not fear me but sometimes, I also feel strong when people fear me. It is rather weird. I was cut off of my thoughts when my bedroom door is knocked 3 times. I mentally groan and I just said a simple 'come in'. The person who knocked on my door came in and it appeared to be Lorenzo himself. He smiled at me for greeting and I smiled back. 

"Hey, breakfast is ready and also, one of my allies are coming here too." Lorenzo informed me as his head peeped through the door. 

"Okay, thanks for the info." I thanked him quickly and as soon as he closed the door, I walked into my walk in closet and try to find my outfit.

I soon found the perfect outfit which consists of a black knee-ripped jeans that reached down to my ankle, a black shorts-sleeved crop top that went above my belly button by a few inches, a light blue jeans jacket and a pair of black ankle-heighted grunge shoes. I stripped out of my tank top and shorts and wore the outfit I picked from my closet. I took a shower already last night, so I won't need a shower now. I combed my hair with a black plastic comb and tied it into a hair side braid. 

(Raven's Braid ^^^)

(Raven's Braid ^^^)

After that, I just got out of the bathroom and went downstairs. There are some voices downstairs, so I decided to check them out. The source of the voice is from the dining room, so I walked there. As soon as I walked in, I am greeted with 2 other people that I didn't recognize. One of those people is a teen boy who seems to be 17? I just guess and the other person seems to be 30. The teen boy has platinum blonde hair and bright light blue eyes. I guess he inherited his eyes from the 30-year-old man that is sitting across from Sophia. The seat across from the 17-year-old teen is empty, so I sat there. I was met by silence. 

"Morning." I greeted to them while I flashed them a smile. 

"Morning honey. How did you sleep?" Soph asked me while she is cutting her own pancake. 

"I slept well. By the way, may I know who is sitting with us on this table?" I asked as I added maple syrup into my pile of pancakes. 

Lorenzo cleared his throat and answered the question for me, "Oh yes, this is my ally, Ron Valentine and his son, Callahan Valentine."

"Nice to meet you. You must be from the Silver Serpents gang, am I right?" I politely asked. 

"O-oh yes, how did you know?" Ron stuttered a bit, which cause me to inwardly smirk.

"Well, firstly, I know much more than you think and your tattoo give me the answer to where you come from." I simply answered. 

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Callahan looking at me with amusement and curiosity. Out of the blue, Lorenzo started talking about something I didn't expect him to talk. 

"Raven, I and Sophia decided to apply you to an all-English school just a mile from here. You'll be going to that school along with Callahan and since you're really smart, you'll be in the same grade as Callahan, which is in the junior year." Lorenzo said to me carefully because I learned in this past 2 days that he is afraid of my glare and the looks that I usually give him. 

I looked at Lorenzo and watched as he gulped with a tiny wee bit of fear, making me smile at him and say, "Okay, there's no problem with that Lorenzo. Just as long as none of the people there bothers me, then I'm okay with it." 

Lorenzo let out a sigh of relief and nodded. He really is afraid of me isn't he? Bahahaha! The Don of the Italian Mafia is afraid of me. I let out a tiny smirk and continue on eating my breakfast, while Callahan glanced at me every few minutes. What's with him glancing at me?