Chapter 2: Promises

Raven's POV

I bet some of the orphans here are excited to get adopted, but not me. I am afraid they will separate me from Rock and Rodney. I don't want to get adopted because I don't want to leave them. They are my rock, my comforter, my life, my big brother. I truly love them but if I really am going to get adopted, I will get the necklaces ready. I bought necklaces and phones, just in case of emergencies. You must be questioning, why are the necklaces for emergencies? Well, it is because the necklace I have has a tracker on it and plus, the necklace is also for a friendship necklace. We already have a friendship tattoo in the back of our neck, so I think it will be great if we have a friendship tattoo. I took my black medium-sized suitcase and I packed all of my clothes, belongings and toiletries. 

"Ave, what are you doing?" Rodney asked and I stop in the mid-way of packing. 

I turned back to him and give him a small sad smile and told them both, "I know that I'm going to get adopted. I'm so sorry."

"How did yo-" Rocky wanted to ask but the speaker from Grace turned on, alerting all of us in the building. 

"Raven Scarlett Delilah, you are to come to the meeting room." Grace's voice echoed through the rooms and halls. 

I looked at them both and they both have sad smiles. I sighed and walked to them. When I am close enough to them, I hugged them tightly and said a 'see you later' but it is muffled, since my face is buried into their chest. I let go of the hug and I exited my room. I walked down to the 1st floor and knocked on the meeting room door. I heard someone said a 'come in' from inside, so I entered the room. There are those 3 guys who is the Italian Mafia. I turned my attention to Grace who is gesturing me to sit down at the available chair. I walked and sat beside Grace with a straight back and I can't help but admire the tattoos that Leonardo has. His tattoos are cool! 

"So, Raven, I'm here to tell you-" Grace started but I cut her off.

"-that I'm going to get adopted by them and I should start packing. And dude, those tattoos are cool, I definitely want those tattoos, but sadly I only got one." I completed Grace's sentence and my sentence in one breath. 

"How did you know what I'm going to say?" Grace asked with amusement.

"Grace, I've known you for 11 years, so don't expect me to not know you better than you know yourself." I told her with an innocent smile. 

"Right, so as you say, you are going to get adopted by Mr. Reinfield. Josh Reinfield. He'll sign the papers and you can go up and pack okay?" Grace told me and she basically 'shooed' me playfully which make me roll my eyes.

When I was outside of the meeting room, I bolted towards my room and as soon as I enter, I am crushed into a bear hug by Rocky and Rodney. I hugged them back and after a few seconds of this, I exited the hug and looked at each of them in their eyes. I bit my lip and sit down on the bed along with Rocky and Rodney. I placed my head on Rocky's shoulder and I sighed sadly.

"If you want to know, the person who's going to adopt me is Josh Reinfield, but his real name is Lorenzo Romano. He is the Don of the Italian Mafia." I informed them which make them froze and tense. 

"The Italian Mafia?!" They exclaimed, almost making me jump. 

"Yes, the Italian Mafia." I answered them once again. 

"It's dangerous. He's dangerous." Rodney said while he threw his arms up.

"Oh no, he is not dangerous to me. He is just a softie to me." I said and ended my sentences with a dangerous and low chuckle, which makes people in the Underworld fear me.