Chapter 15: Hale = F**king Bronze

Raven's POV 

It is Art now with Ms. Adwin. I have to admit that I am excited for this class because I always love art. It has been 5 years since I last painted something. My skills are definitely rusty and messy. Although, my fingers are itching to paint something that I've always painted. I had a dream of this beautiful place and I fell in love with it. But sadly, it is just only a dream. I wanted to live there and feel free forever but I know that it is impossible. I am already bounded in my underground reputation, so I can't just abandon it. 

Although, I miss Uncle Jax, the American Mafia. I call him Uncle because of how close we are. We have an uncle-niece relationship but sadly, the Italian Mafia and American Mafia are... enemies. Thankfully, dad doesn't know about my relationship with Uncle Jax. If he did, I am sure that hell itself will blow up because of dad's anger. Just hope that one day they will become allies. 

The Art class started and Ms,. Adwin told us to paint our feelings or our thoughts. Since I am thinking about allies and about plants, I decided to just make an abstract work. Abstract is one of my favorite paintings. I took paint from the shelves and used an apron. This apron is very similar to a cooking apron. If there are no aprons, the paint could go to my uniform and probably ruin its fabric. 

I took 4 different-sized paintbrushes. One of them is the biggest size, the other is an inch smaller than the biggest size, the other is a medium-sized paintbrush and the last one is the smallest size. I used acrylic paint because I think it is better than watercolor. I took the wooden palette into my right hand and used my left hand to squeeze the paint out of its bottle. I picked a lot of colors. Dark yellow, bright yellow, scarlett red, usual red, ocean blue, sky blue, a bit of white, light green, dark green, the darkest shade of black, bright purple, violet and dark purple. 

I got an hour, so I started to paint. I just let my arms flow and do their passion. Soon enough, which is quicker than I thought, I have finished painting. I have to admit that the painting looked like as if it is printed out of a printer. The background is a mixture of white and light grey and other else than the background, everything is looked like as if it is glowing. I didn't know that I could paint this good. Since I am done painting in less than an hour, I have to wait until it is dry. 

To help it dry quicker, I used a thing book and fan it in front of the painting

To help it dry quicker, I used a thing book and fan it in front of the painting. When the painting looked dry enough, I touched a small part of the painting lightly to make sure that it is already dry enough. Luckily, the paint is already dry. I checked my apron and I thank my hands for being neat. There are no paint splashes or spots on the apron. The apron is still white and clean. 

My other classmates are still painting and some are chattering. I stood up from my seat and walked through the tables, getting some of the people's attention. I stopped in front of Ms. Adwin's table and placed the painting on her table. Ms. Adwin observed the painting and watch her eyes widen. Her mouth dropped lightly and I just bit my lip anxiously. 

"Wow, well done! This painting is one of the best I've ever seen. Even though it is only an abstract painting, it is still amazing. I am giving you an A+ for this." Ms. Adwin said rather quickly and excitedly. 

"Thank you, Ms. Adwin. May I go to the restroom?" I asked her politely. 

She nodded her head and brought my painting into a shelf safely. I got out of the classroom and walked to the restroom. The restroom here is 3 times bigger than a usual school's restroom. There are 13 bathroom stalls, 7 sinks and the restroom is very clean and doesn't smell bad. Even the marble floor looks so shiny and reflected the ceiling. I even wonder if the marble is polished. 

I entered a bathroom stall and did my business. After I was done, I unlocked the bathroom stall and washed my hands with a 50% alcohol soap and then, I dried my hands with a soft tissue. I threw the tissue into the trash bin and went back to face the mirror. I straightened out my clothes and my hair because I don't want people to see me with a wild hair. Just as I finished and walked out of the restroom, the bell rang and not longer than 20 seconds, students has got out of their classes and started to go to their own locker to grab their things for the next lesson. I have music with Mr. Hale, so I didn't need anything. But, I did go back to my locker to put my things away. 

So, I entered this small music auditorium. I mean it is not that small but from other famous music auditoriums, this is considered small. The auditorium is still empty, so I took the chance to sit on the first row. I love music. Before my parents died, when I was 3, I already started playing violin and piano. Crazy right? I was a fast learner for a 3-year-old and I managed to play some basic songs. I even play a goodbye song with the violin before my parents left. 

When it is my parents funeral, I said some short words. And I also play my violin for them. I remember everyone wearing black except me because I wore white. I know my parents doesn't want me to use black in their funeral, so I used white. White is mom's favorite color. Dad's favorite color is royal blue. So, in the funeral I used a white knee length dress and royal blue ballet flats. 

3 years ago, there is a music room in the orphanage. There's a piano, triangle, violin and guitar. Of course, I am the one who played piano and violin. The other orphans are not that interested in music, except me, Rocky and Rodney. Rocky and Rodney both liked guitar. Sadly, there's only one guitar, so they both have to share. 

Before I could dive into my memories further, students started to flood the music auditorium. Apparently, when it comes to music, the whole junior year students would join. Right now, the auditorium is filled with almost 100 students (including me). Each class has around 20-ish students, so there's nothing shocking when you find almost 100 students in a music auditorium. 

I was looking at the music instruments and I really want to play violin. It's been 3 years since I played violin. Suddenly, footsteps are heard and I let my eyes look away from the music instruments. What came into view made me want to choke on air. But I got a grasp of myself. My eyes widened when I saw who it is. Of course, it have to be Eric Bronze. Hale = F**king Bronze! Wow, I want to give him a clap. What the f**k is he doing here?! 

Not that I am sad about, but I am worried. Seriously, what if we both blew our covers? No one knew that Eric is a manager in the underground. Only I knew about it but I am just worried if Eric ever let anyone know his identity and if that person that knows that Eric is a manager in the underground and saw me talking to him, then that person could spread rumors and spills. 

I hope things will end okay.