Chapter 6: Training with Callahan Valentine

Raven's POV

I went to my walk in closet and went to my sports section and took out a red sports bra, Nike shorts, a sleeveless baby blue tight shirt and I tied my now  chest length jet black hair into a ponytail. I just cut my hair with a scissor 3 hours ago and I don't think that my cut is that bad. I think it is neat and nice enough. I am going to workout or train in the gym. The gym is in the other house near this mansion. Lorenzo said that no one would be there, considering that they have something to do. Mafia related of course. They have a shipment to do and tonight, I have a fighting to do. I should really get back in shape again. It's been a few days since I last workout and that is not good. 

I took a plastic bottle of water and I also took the black wrist wrap that I found in my bag. I strutted out of the room with only my hands bringing a plastic water bottle and the wrist wrapper (for boxing and the punching bag). When I am on the last step to the 1st floor, I noticed that Callahan and his father are both still here. Callahan is Ron's second son. Callahan's first son doesn't want to be the leader, so his first son handed over that part to Callahan. Okay, enough thinking about them. I want to workout now. I quietly opened the front door but sadly and unfortunately, it creaks. The chatter from the living room died down and Lorenzo looked at me with his arms crossed and a look saying 'where are you going and why don't you tell me that you're going'. 

I put my hand up in surrender and said, "Chill, I'm not going anywhere that far. I'm just gonna go to the gym." 

He searched my eyes and finally nod approvingly, "Be back in 2 hours sharp." 

"I will dad!" I said and bolted out of the door with a smile on my face. 

Did I just call the don of the Italian Mafia 'dad'? I guess I did. I approve and accept him as my dad. Even though we only met almost a week ago, I already feel loved, connected and bonded with Lorenzo. 

Lorenzo's POV

Oh shit! She just called me 'dad'! Hell yes! 

"Did she just call me 'dad'?" I question myself and I did not realize that Soph is right beside me until she whack my head upside down, which makes me groan. 

"She call you what?!" Sophia asked frantically and looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"S-she just called me 'dad'." I calmly answered her while I rubbed the place where that crazy woman whacked me. 

Sophia let out a huff and crossed her arms on her chest. Her back is facing me now, so I went to behind her and hugged her. She is just so small in my arms. 

"I am proud that she called me 'dad' and it means that she loves and accepts me more than you." I jokingly said and that made Sophia gasp and turn back to me to only get slapped in the chest.

I bolted immediately, trying to avoid her from catching up with me and get beaten up by my own wife. 

"Lorenzo! Get back here!" I hear her shout, which makes me run faster. 

Raven's POV

As I arrived to the gym, I know that Lorenzo's right because the gym is empty but it is neat, clean and cozy. Great. As usual, I started to stretch first and I stretched my neck, which gave out a small crack and I'm satisfied about it. After I finished my stretching sessions, I went to the pull up bar. I jumped up and caught the pull up bar. I started to doing pull ups and I count them. 

1...
2...
3...
4...
5...
6...
7...
8...
9...

I was about to count the 10th but apparently, someone opened the door to the gym. Me, having my guards up all the time got down from the pull up bar and immediately strike to the person who opens the door. I was too quick to notice who I am striking at and when I fell to the floor with the person under me, I saw a familiar platinum blonde-haired and blue-eyed teen. I let out a nervous chuckle and stood up slowly from him, which makes him groan in pain.

"Sorry. I always put my guards up." I apologized to him and lend my hand out, which he takes gratefully. 

"It's okay. But when you want to attack someone like what you just did to me, make sure you see who they are." Callahan said and ran his fingers to his hair. 

I have to admit that he is hot. Hold on a second, I am not suppose to say that. I'm a 14-year-old for Pete's sake. I shake my head and continued on doing my pull ups. I heard Callahan as he did his stretches and unexpectedly, he jumped on the pull up bar next to mine and started doing pull ups too. I was on my 25th and I jumped down from the pull up bar. Sweat is dripping on my eyebrows but I wiped it away with the back of my hand. 

I went to the tiny table where I put my water bottle and wrist wrapper and I took a gulp of water. I also wrapped my hands and wrists with the wrist wrapper because I am going to punch the punching bag. I walked towards it and get into my stance, part my knees a bit, position myself correctly and started to punch. The first punch doesn't really affect the punching bag but I punched harder and harder every single time until the punching bag is swinging all over. I hold the punching bag so that it will be still and started to punch again. I did around 30 punches and ended it with a roundhouse kick, sending the punching bag to swing violently. I stopped the punching bag from swinging with one hand and unwrapped the wrist wrapper. 

I rolled my shoulder and went to get 2 pairs boxing gloves that is in a shelf in the corner of the gym. I looked at Callahan to see him doing pushups. His back is sweating and his hair is messy and hot. I got to stop with this thoughts. The thing is, I only thought him as a friend and I can't help but think how he is hot. I bet girls would fall on their knees at the sight of him. I mentally chuckle at the thought of how many girls he rejected. Eventually, Callahan stopped fighting and I walked towards him. 

"Wanna box with me?" I asked him hopefully while I hold a pair of the boxing gloves for him. 

He nodded and answered cockily (which I don't like), "Sure and I'll take it easy on you, since you're a baby."

"Oh, don't go easy on me. I'll go easy on you." I said back to him with a smirk and started wearing the boxing gloves. 

After I used the boxing gloves, I went up to the boxing ring in the middle of the gym along with Callahan and I went to the corner on the right and he went to the corner across from me. We got into our stance and he attacked me first, which is a mistake. I ducked under him and I know he is going to attack me while I duck, so I blocked the punch he wanted to give me and I kicked the legs under him, but he jumped and avoided it. I stood up quickly and sends a punch, which he deflected and I quickly did a corkscrew, which never fails me. Callahan landed on the boxing ring with a huge thud. He groaned in pain and I detached my legs from him. 

"Wow, y-you're good." His strained voice complimented me. 

"Thanks." I thanked him simply (with a smirk, of course) and thought in my mind 'who's the baby now?'