Chapter 10: Meeting my 'Uncle Rodrigo'

Rodrigo's POV 

"Damn, how the f*ck did you get beaten by a chick?" Enzo (nickname for Lorenzo) asked me as we drove back to his mansion. 

"I don't know. She is not just muscle. She is swift and quick too. She got some skills." I answered him and stayed shut for the rest of the ride back to Enzo's mansion. 

Angelo and Giovanni kept on talking about the chicks they met this night... or rather morning, considering that we arrived to that place at 11 p.m. and saw the match by 12.30 a.m. Angelo and Giovanni kept on talking and I just stared out of the window, more like glaring at the window. How can I, the champion in the underground in street fighting, got beat up by a teen newbie who is a girl?! I am supposed to be the champion and now, she has taken away that title. I was so deep in thought but my bullet of thoughts are stopped by Lorenzo. 

"What do you think about making her apart of the mafia?" Enzo asked and the car became silent.

Not a single sound was heard. Nothing. 

"You seriously want her to join the mafia? We just watch her fight once." Giovanni reasoned Enzo to not invite her to be apart of the mafia. 

"Yeah, I have to agree with Giovanni on this one. We just watch her fight once. We need to get to know her more, trust her and test her." Angelo declared and agreed with Giovanni. 

Lorenzo nodded seriously in response and the whole drive is silent. When we arrived to the mansion, I got out after Lorenzo did. Before I could go any further to the entrance of the mansion, Lorenzo hold me back while Angelo and Giovanni passed by us and went inside first, leaving me and Lorenzo alone. Is he disappointed that I lose my title? 

"No, I am not disappointed at you Rigo." Lorenzo said as he place a hand on my healed shoulder. 

"Did I say that out loud earlier?" I question Lorenzo and he just nodded, which made me curse mentally. 

"The reason why I stopped you is because I need to tell you something." 

"What is it Enzo?" 

"A few days ago, I, Angelo and Giovanni decided to give a surprise for mia moglie (my wife). Since she isn't able to have a baby, we decided to..." Lorenzo trailed off, which made me turn to him. 

"Wait. Oh shit! Are you saying that I am an uncle?! Are you saying that I have an adopted niece/nephew? I wanna meet him/her!" I asked him excitedly. 

I have a niece/nephew. Finally! It took Enzo too long to finally adopt a child and make me an uncle. I have always wanted to be an uncle and have a niece/nephew. 

"Oh, it is a her and yes, you are an uncle. Her name is Raven." 

Raven's POV

The next morning because the sun glared at me. Oh shit, I must forgot to close the curtains last night before I collapse to my bed. Sheesh! I could've slept longer. I picked up my phone and turned it on to just check the time because I don't want to look at the clock. My eyes are still sleepy. As soon as my phone turned on, my eyes widened because of the time. It is 11.38 a.m. I yelped in surprise and ended up falling from the bed. Why did I wake up so late?! I am supposed to be up by 6.30 a.m. because I wanna exercise again. 

I groaned on the floor and stood up as graceful as when a zebra wanted to stand with only 2 back legs. After I finally find my balance, I make my way to the bathroom to freshen up a bit. My eyes caught my reflection and thankfully, my hair is not a bird nest. In fact, it just look wavy and a tiny bit curly. I brushed my hair and just put it up into a tidy bun (at least I thought it is a tidy one). I then turned the tap on and cupped my hand so that the water will gather in my palm. After my palm is full with water, I splashed it on my face. The water is cold, but I like it. It freshens me up. I sighed in relief and finally felt awake. I took the small white towel near the sink and wiped my face dry. 

As usual, I stretched by doing splits, handstands and some short workouts such as push up, sit up and squad. I was in my 28th squad but I am interrupted by the door being knocked. I ended my squad in the 30th and tidy myself up quickly.

"Come in." I said calmly.

Sophia's head popped in with a bright smile on her face and she said, "Morning honey."

"Morning... mom." I greeted her which makes her even brighter (if that is possible).

"Btw, someone is here to see you. That someone is your Uncle Rodrigo. He is your father's cousin." Mom said and I have to basically calm my heartbeat down so that my eyes doesn't widen. 

"Oh, okay. Lemme just make my bed first." I told her and gestured towards my untamed bed.

Sophia nodded her head and told me that she will be waiting downstairs. When she closed the door, I let out a breath I don't know I am holding. I am meeting my 'Uncle Rodrigo', also known as the guy I took out last night or 12 hours ago. Let's do this. Just hope he doesn't recognize me or anything. I check my appearance once more which is quiet good considering that I am wearing a cropped tank top with a simple army cropped hoodie and short jeans that only reached my middle thigh. 

I take a deep breath before going out of the room. I make my way downstairs and saw mom, dad, Uncle Angelo, Uncle Giovanni and my dearest Uncle Rodrigo in a C-shaped sofa. As soon as they heard my footstep at the bottom of the stair, they all turned their attention towards me and I just stood there. 

"Morning. And can you guys please stop staring at me?" I asked them and they all stopped staring at me. 

"Sorry honey. Oh, meet your Uncle Rodrigo." Sophia said and Uncle Rodrigo stood up. 

Uncle Rodrigo stood in front of me and I saw shock in his eyes. 

"Are you sure you're 14. 'Cause you look a hell lot like a 17-year-old." Uncle Rodrigo confessed and I saw a faint bruise on his jaw (which means that he asked someone to cover them up using makeup). 

"I'll take that as a compliment." 

Uncle Rodrigo let his hand out, waiting for me to shake it but I shook my head a 'no' and I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards me. He stumbled forward for a while and I hugged his torso. Why does man have to be so tall?! He is 6'4" and I am 5'7". Gosh, I am jealous. Uncle Rodrigo hesitantly hugged me back. After a while he pulled away and I did the same. 

"Why did you hug me?" He asked me with both of his eyebrows raised. 

"Because you are family." I answered shortly with a smile on my face and I walked out of the living room to get some breakfast. 

At least, Uncle Rodrigo is nice. He is not like the man I met in the underground. I shook my head from the thought and began making breakfast- I mean brunch or is it lunch? Never mind. I ate breakfast quickly and a few hours went by in a blue, except for the time when mom and dad told me that I will start in the all-English private school in 3 days. They already give me my uniform and thankfully, it is not a bad or complicated uniform. Last time, I did a 'difficult' IQ test and I got a perfect score. That's why I am in the same grade as Callahan Valentine himself. 

Apparently, based on my speed and answers in the 'difficult' IQ test, it is showed that I have an IQ of 125-145. Wow, big leap. I expected myself to only be 110 or something but not 125-145. Just hope I survive this private school. 

A/N
Hey guys! I am back.... How are you liking this chapter? Hope you guys enjoy it! If you do, please vote, comment and share! That's all I am going to say! Bye now... Gotta go have lunch. It is 12.05 p.m. in my country. Bye and see you in a few days!

Love,
Avery Johansen