𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

i scrunched my face in deep thought as i flopped down onto the hotel bed. i was currently on vacation in cancún. don't get me wrong i absolutely loved it, it's just that y/bf/n's birthday was in around 3 days and i wasn't going to be there. i felt like a bad girlfriend going on vacation instead of being there with him, but i mean come on it's fucking cancún can you blame me? my family and i had been on vacation for almost 2 weeks and we were leaving in 5 days.

maybe i can convince my parents to let me fly back a bit earlier than everyone else so i can surprise y/bf.

so thats what i did.

"no, there is no way i'm letting my 18 year old daughter stay at our house by herself and probably have a sleepover with her boyfriend and do god knows what, plus theres a fee when it comes to changing the date of your flight" "i'll pay the fee" i respond "you still aren't staying by yourself" "why? like you just said i'm 18, a legal adult" "i don't care if you're 18, you still live under our roof so what we say goes"

and before i could think the words came flying out of my mouth, and as soon i did i was expecting a smack flying to my cheek.

"well i'm going whether i have your permission or not"

noooo i am fucking not what did i just say

"oh? so what you just run things now?" "yeah, when it comes to me i'm grown and you know what, i already booked my flight and i leave friday."

what the fuck am i saying i didn't book that shit

"well you're going to cancel it" they yelled at me "no i'm not" i sent a smile their way and exited the bedroom going to the beach which was right next to the hotel. i sat down on a beach chair and tried to process what had just happened.

my parents had been strict my whole life, when i turned 18 they loosened up a bit but not by much. this was my first time ever rebelling against them. needless to say i was scared shitless. they were probably gonna kick me out, which wouldn't be too bad, i mean i could afford it but i was saving up to buy a house. hey if shit hits the fan though, i'll be okay.

well, i guess its time to book a flight for friday. i gotta prove my point.

the next 2 days consisted of me constantly texting not only my bestfriend but my boyfriends bestfriend as well, so they could help get shit together for a surprise party i was gonna throw him. as for my parents and i's situation we didn't really talk. eventually friday came and i had arrived at my house.

i relaxed for a little before running to the store to grab some decorations, cups, plates, utensils, chips and soda. as for the alcohol, well let's just say i had to flirt with the cashier. it's a good thing she was gay.

i got home and went to bed, the next day i set my house up for the party. i looked at the time, it was 3pm and i still hadn't texted him happy birthday ... i kinda wanted to make him think i forgot.

my bestfriend came over to drop off the cake i put her in charge of while y/bf's best friend was busy with him at dinner. i told y/bf's best friend to come to my house (with y/bf/n) at 9:30. he would definitely question it on the way here but i mean theres really nothing else i can do.

people started arriving to my house. i kept peeping out the window to make sure i knew when he was gonna enter. i saw his bestfriend's car pull up and i turned around and told everyone to be quiet and crouch down. i dimmed all the lights. when the door opened i saw him with a confused look plastered on his face.

that is before we all popped up and yelled "surprise!" he looked around and laughed. i ran up to him and gave him a hug and a kiss. "happy birthday!" i exclaimed excitedly "thank you baby, when did you get back?" he questioned "yesterday" "what? and you didn't tell me" "nooo thats the whole point of a surprise" "man i was mad confused when we pulled up" he said, i laughed and looked around at everyone attending. my parents were so gonna kick me out after this.

requests are open!! 🤍

word count: 791