i.

❝ the bridge

❝ the bridge. it's Death...your death is waiting there. ❞

The moon beamed and sang as it illuminated the night sky, the stars twinkled and smiled.

Bonnie Bennett, also known as Samael the Silvertongue and formerly known as Zöe Hernandez, hummed to herself. The hybrid swayed to the music, staring into the flames of the bonfire party.

"Bon Bon!" Caroline giggled throwing an arm over her, sitting beside her, "Take me home?" She slurred, "'m sleepy n' I can't dwive myself," She pouted.

"Are you speaking in a baby voice?" Bonnie scoffed.

"Maybe," Caroline giggled again.

"Fine," Bonnie sighed, "Let's go."

Today was a good day, Bonnie hummed to herself as she drove Caroline home. It was May 23, 2009 and it was a good day.

✕✕✕✕✕

The next morning Bonnie got the call.

"B-Bonnie," Elena's voice trembled violently, "My mom and dad they-they're gone, Bonnie they're gone."

"Elena?" Bonnie forced her voice to sound worried, "Elan slow down, take a deep breath."

Elena took a deep shaky breath before continuing to speak, "They came to pick me up from the bonfire. We went-we went off the bridge they died, oh my god they died and it's my fault."

"No, no, Elena don't say that," Bonnie insisted.

"They came to pick me up and they died," Elena sobbed.

"What?" Bonnie called out, "Wh-? Elena? Can you hear-?"

"Bonnie," Elena sniffled, "Bonnie? You're breaking up?"

"Huh? Elena?"

Bonnie called out to her once more before hanging up. 

A small content smile pulled at her lips as she stared into the fire in her fireplace, her grams sleeping noisily on the couch behind her.

"Shhh, grams."

Bonnie whispered, a single finger to her mouth a dangerously innocent smile upon her face.

"It begins."