xx.

❝ Cruelty is a gift humanity has given itself

❝ Cruelty is a gift humanity has given itself. ❞

— Hannibal Lecter

"Come Elijah...we have work to do."

The Original gasped, sucking in air, shooting into an upright position.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Someone called out softly to him.

There was that voice again, his undead heart pounded in his chest as his vision cleared and he saw a beautiful young woman sitting at the foot of the bed he was residing in.

"I can't be here," He realized, beginning to panic.

"I invited you in," The woman said gently, "Do you not remember?"

The Original's eyes fluttered closed, memory bubbling to the surface.

The mysterious woman sitting at the foot of the bed was with him, helping him walk toward a door. The wood door was opened before they reached it revealing another woman.

"Who's this?" The woman frowned.

"A friend," The beautiful woman mused.

"...He feels like death," The other woman remarked, "Bonnie, he's a vampire."

Bonnie...what a beautiful name.

"I'm aware," Bonnie hummed, smiling softly.

"I won't hurt you..." Elijah had murmured weakly.

"It's your house," The other woman shrugged, stepping aside, "I'll get some tea?"

"I think he'd like that," Bonnie called out as the other woman disappeared further into the house, "Easy," Bonnie said gently, helping Elijah to the door frame, "I, Bonnie Bennett, do hereby give you entrance into my home, Elijah Mikaelson."

Bonnie Bennett...a Bennett witch helping him? An Original? It seemed so...unlikely but he didn't get much time to think on that as she helped him through the door.

Elijah blinked and found himself laying in bed again, Bonnie peering at him kindly.

"I'm sure you have questions," The witch surmised, "Save them for later," She encouraged, bringing a cup to his lips, "You need to recover your strength," She carefully tipped the mug, Elijah drinking the blood infused tea.