xix.

❝ If it were that easy to kill me, I'd have been dead a long time ago

❝ If it were that easy to kill me, I'd have been dead a long time ago. ❞

— Cain

"Good morning," Bonnie hummed as Lucy stepped into the kitchen, the hybrid making breakfast.

"Morning," Lucy yawned, "You seem like you're in a good mood."

Bonnie hummed in response, she was, she supposed, Elena was gone and Elijah was on his way.

"I'm headed to school, will you be alright?"

"Yeah," Lucy promised, "Have a good day!"

"You too," Bonnie smiled softly.

✕✕✕✕✕

"Stefan, this is a bad idea," Bonnie insisted, when Stefan came to her, panicking about Elena going missing and wanting to talk to Katerina about it, "Damon's right, she's going to demand something in return."

"I know, but, Bonnie, I have to do something," Stefan sounded so desperate, "I have no idea who has Elena, I have no idea where she is."

"I can find her," Bonnie promised.

✕✕✕✕✕

"How does this work?" Jeremy wondered, spreading a map across a table.

"I'll use your blood to draw the energy for the tracking spell, you're blood-related meaning it'll make the connection stronger," Bonnie explained absentmindedly.

"Alright," Stefan stepped into the room, "Alaric said we gotta clear out of here within ten minutes. I got weapons," He murmured to himself, "He stocked me up."

"Are you ready?" Bonnie asked Jeremy.

"I mean-"

"It doesn't really matter," She hummed leaning forward and pricked his finger squeezing it so that several droplets of blood landed on the parchment.

The witch's eyes closed and she hummed, breeze rustling her hair as the blood trailed across the paper stopping at a point.

"There," Bonnie said, "She's there."

"That's 300 miles away," Jeremy said.

"No, Bonnie, we need a more exact location than that," Stefan frowned.