xvii.

❝ You know you can't cheat Death

❝ You know you can't cheat Death. ❞

— Death

Bonnie buried Carter besides Ben.

"I'm sorry," She spoke over him, "...But you can rest now."

✕✕✕✕✕

"I can make the Daylight Amulet," Bonnie hummed.

Bonnie and Stefan had met at the Grill to have breakfast and were currently discussing Caroline's recent transformation.

"O-oh, good," Stefan smiled softly.

"I have the stone," Bonnie hummed, "I just need metal."

"Metal?" Stefan inquired.

"To make the ring or amulet or whatever she wants, so speaking of which I need to know what she want's."

"What she wants?" Stefan repeated.

"Yes, what piece of jewelry?"

"I'll ask and get you your metal," Stefan smiled.

✕✕✕✕✕

Stefan sat in a seat, watching curiously as Bonnie flipped open a spell book, sunlight drifting through the curtains and hitting her in an ethereal way.

"What do you want the ring to look like?" Bonnie hummed casually.

Caroline didn't hesitate before explaining in great detail how she wanted her ring to look.

"Alright," Bonnie nodded once she'd finished.

"Now what?" Caroline wondered.

"Now I explain the rules," Bonnie began, "The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it anytime, the ring is connected solely to you so no one else can use it, and you don't always have to be wearing it for it to work as long as you're touching it, you're fine."

"Bonnie," Caroline began.

"Place the gem on the bed," Bonnie hummed, turning to the window.

"Bonnie," Caroline snapped, "Do you think I meant to kill that guy at the carnival?"

"His name was Carter," Bonnie replied simply.

"Bonnie...I didn't mean to..."

"I know," Bonnie hummed, "Caroline, I don't know what I did to make you feel like I'm mad at you, or judging you but I'm not. He's dead and death is the most natural thing about life."