xxviv.

❝ A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth

❝ A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. ❞

— Tyrion Lannister

Upon leaving Mystic Falls, Klaus explained his desire to create more hybrids the trio first headed to Florida trying to find a werewolf Klaus had heard about several years prior, his name was Ray Sutton or something.

That led to now, Bonnie, sitting cross legged on a twin sized bed, Klaus in the bed besides her, Stefan sleeping silently on the couch of the motel they were staying in.

"Why did you kill Elijah?" Bonnie asked suddenly, grimoire laying open in her lap.

"Yes, brother, why did you?" Elijah asked dramatically.

"I didn't have a choice," Klaus replied, glancing away awkwardly.

"We always have a choice," Bonnie chuckled ruefully.

"Facts," Kol bit his lip dramatically.

"...I know you know...things," He said, "Do you know about, um...?" He trailed off, glancing to Stefan.

"I do," Bonnie nodded.

"I'm trying to...recreate that time, that...bond," Klaus said awkwardly, "Elijah wouldn't approve he would want me to allow him to remember."

"Well...he's not wrong," Elijah shrugged.

"But I fear...if I return his memories...he'd still want to leave."

"Nik," Kol gasped dramatically, "You're being so open and in touch with your emotions, who are you?!"

"...I can't give you any guarantees about how Stefan will react to his memories," Bonnie said softly, "But when you're ready and you return them if he leaves...I'll still be here," She smiled.

"Thank you," Klaus's voice was barely above a whispered as he 

"Whoa, brother," Elijah looked taken aback, "Don't you dare make a move while I'm dead."

"Nice, Nik," Kol laughed, nodding in approval, "Makin' a move while 'Lijah's dead."

"For everything," Klaus continued, "Elijah...thank you for bringing him back to me and...I'm sorry for taking him away. You don't deserve to have gotten caught up in my...mess."