vi.

❝ I don't know what's happening to me

❝ I don't know what's happening to me. ❞

"I remember the party," Caroline recalled, "Damon came up behind me...and he was kissing my neck...or," She faltered, "Biting my neck. I passed out. It's like...like there's holes in my memories of that night. Maybe...maybe I let him bite me?"

"I don't think you'd do that," Bonnie frowned at her, from where she sat, hands folded in her lap.

"Can we move to something else now?" Caroline frowned, "I just, I don't want to talk about Damon."

"Do you remember dancing with Stefan?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah," Caroline sighed dreamily, "Him rejecting me hurts so much more because he's still so charming."

Bonnie hummed in response, gently rubbing her thumb against the smooth wax of a candle on Caroline's counter.

"What're you doing with that candle?" Caroline cocked her head to the side.

"Nothing," She released the stick.

The human had already had a shock, she didn't need another one so soon after and finding out someone you had grown up with was a witch was bound to be quite the shock.

"What's this?" The demon witch studied Emily's necklace.

"Damon gave it to me," Caroline answered, "Or-or I took it from him, I don't rem-it's unclear," She made her way toward her friend, "All I know is, it's mine now."

"It's beautiful," Bonnie remarked.

"It is, isn't it?" She smiled softly as she took it from her friend, hanging it up where it glowed eerily in the sunlight, swinging majestically back and forth.

✕✕✕✕✕

"The 'Sexy Suds' car wash is tomorrow," Caroline reminded Bonnie as they walked through school.

"I hope you have fun," Bonnie hummed.

"Bon," Caroline's tone was mockingly angry.

"Fine," Bonnie sighed, "I'll assist you."