Chapter 2

"Look Archer-Senpai! The food looks glorious!" Lily said as they both entered a restaurant. Archer decided to follow Lily along as she was the one who insisted on spending the day as teacher and pupil. He tried to deny but Lily's pureness subdued him and made him agree out of feeling bad when he saw her face.

"Do you think you can make the same dishes Archer?"

And... Somebody else decided to tag along.

The Caster version of Artoria tagged along on the way with the two. Now he has to deal with two lions.

"If given the right ingredients. Then yes, I'd have to learn the recipe first to cook up something like this." Archer said with a smile. He continued to look around the buffet of food. He wasn't much hungry, he's never hungry let's be real. Servants don't require food or water to survive. They're dead already and are made of pure ether. "I'll take a Shish Kebab." Archer told the man behind the counter.

"Shish Kebab? What's that?" Castoria asked before Lily did.

"Shish Kebab is a popular meal. Grilled cubes of meat are skewered on a stick. It's quite similar to shashlik. Anyway, Shish Kebab meat is usually from lamb. That doesn't mean they use other types of meats. This meal is also a signature Turkish meal." Archer said.

"Wow, sir. You know your history with food." The worker behind the counter said.

"Yes. I suppose that's true. I learned through my many travels around the world about many traditional foods and even their cultures, history, and much more." Archer said.

"Oh wow. Seems like you're quite the busy guy." The worker said quite amazed.

"Trust me... You wouldn't know the half of it." Archer said with a small sigh. At least the small perks of being a Counter Guardian would have to be learning about other cultures and learn about the food they eat and so forth. Too bad things like that rarely happen during his travels...

"Something wrong?" Archer asked Lily.

"Can you get me one as well? I haven't tried one so I would like to know what it tastes like." Lily says.

"So do I. I also want to try it out." Castoria said.

"Three Shish Kebabs it is then." Archer said to the worker who nodded.

After a while, the worker handed the three their meals and Archer paid after. The three left the restaurant and walked out to the city as dawn was already out.

"Mm~ This tastes so good!" Lily said as she chewed on the skewered meat happily.

"It's not bad I'll give them that. Not a bad thing to eat while exploring. It's something you can carry wherever you go while also being sufficient enough to eat without getting a lot of grease on you." Archer said while taking a bite.

"Mm. What was that?" Castoria asked while she munched on her meal.

"Nothing..." Archer said dejectedly as the two were too busy eating that they ignored him entirely. As he walked, he stopped for a bit as the other two continued. Seems like they're still busy eating to noticed he stopped walking. With a huge exhale he began walking again.

Sometimes he wonders if it's even worth trying with people anymore.

-~-

"Another for the win!" Lily said.

"The battle isn't over yet. Focus on the enemies at all cost." Archer said.

"Quite a lot of enemies don't you think?" Castoria asked Archer who sniped one of the enemies with his bow.