Chapter 33

"Glad to see someone else is the center of all attention."

"Are you jealous perhaps~?"

"Jealous? Please..." Archer rolled his eyes as he cleaned a cup. The witch sits down by the counter as she looks at him. "I could care less about whether or not I get talked to by people."

"Who knows, your little harem seems to be quite interested in your Alter." Morgan amused. "Frankly, it's mostly out of wanting him to feel welcomed or something."

"Whether or not that changes the attention I get. I'm just happy."

"Happy?"

"Of course. That means more time for myself and not being annoyed by a bunch of shenanigans. Hmph... Peace at last." Archer smirked.

"Is that why you had Artoria talk to him?"

"... He and I aren't the same. But at the same time, we are. Even if he's well... More machine than I am. Somewhere he for sure still had the same feelings for her as I did. To be frank, I think everyone should be happy. He too, if he can that is." Archer smiled. Putting down the cup. "Also, I did have her talk to him just so I won't be bothered much."

"You're quite cunning with this type of stuff aren't you~" Purred Morgan. "Truly you're quite despicable when you want to."

"I don't wanna hear that from you of all people. Besides, aren't you interested in my Alter self as well? I'm sure you'll want to marry him instead of me." Archer toyed with Morgan.

"He's not as interesting as you. He's broken beyond repair, even his own body and mind destroy him." Morgan frowned. "Burning himself out to the point where his Spirit Origin might collapse. What a tragedy indeed..."

"..." Archer took a sip from his black coffee, looking on at the demise of his Alter-self that is currently being bombarded by the Emiya family. Such things as Irisviel, Illya... Everyone who he's close to. Amused as he watched a chuckle. Ah, what a great life to not be him. Perhaps the future is bright here in Chaldea. No more love to worry about... No more death due to the jealousy of a certain goddess.

"Don't think your life is at peace now. I'm still here Fufu~" Ah... Right.

"Let me have my moment." Archer sighed at Morgan's words.

"But even so... I'm quite displeased and disappointed in you, my husband."

"Eh? What did I do?"

"I heard from a certain annoying Incubus, about the night of pleasure you had with my sisters."

"Did he also tell you the part where it was his fault, to begin with?"

"Explain." It was an order. Not an option.

"He spiked the tea he gave us with an Aphrodisiac." Archer shrugged. "Now that I think of it... Where is Merlin? I haven't seen him." Archer mumbled.

-~-

"Zzz..." Merlin was sleeping soundly as his hands remained clutching the bars of the cage he was stuck in.

"Huh? He's still here?" Ereshkigal looked at the sleeping Mage as she then remembered. "Oh yeah, I forgot to resurrect him." Ereshkigal looked at the sleeping Incubus who then woke up.

"Let me out already!" Merlin whined and thrashed around inside the cage.

"On second thought... He still needs to remain here until he behaves." Ereshkigal mumbled. Turning around and leaving.

"Gah no wait!" Merlin cried out. Despair hit him as he slumped down in dejection. Truly, being caged here in the underworld is the worst. He wishes that he was back in his garden. What cruel monsters everyone is!