Chapter 24

"Ouch, ouch, ouch! Careful!"

Archer ignored the cries of the Goddess as he carefully and calmly stitches her up. Making sure he wraps every single injury on her body.

"This is why you don't pick fights you know?"

"She started it!" Ishtar cried out towards Archer who ignored her outburst. Hissing in pain as she felt one of the bruises get touched by a pack of ice. "Seriously... Who does she think she is...?" Ishtar frowned at the thought of the blond-haired Goddess.

Sigh

Archer only sighed at the Goddess in front of him. She and Astraea just don't get along. He supposes it makes sense, considering who they have as vessels.

"I feel like this has happened before." Archer mumbled as he looked at the pouting and bruised Ishtar. "But I can't remember."

"I'll kick her ass again if she ever gets on my nerves." Ishtar said.

"The way you're acting now makes it look like she won instead."

"You're not helping!" Ishtar said towards Archer who chuckled.

"..." Ishtar looked at Archer in silence, her gaze staring at the man as her cheeks flared up. "Hey..."

Tug Tug

"What is it?" Archer asked as he looked at the Goddess by his side, feeling her head rest against his shoulder as they were seated on a bench.

"Nothing... I would just like to stay like this for a while." Ishtar mumbled to him with a blush on her face.

Archer blinked at her words and complained in silence, but he allowed her to rest.

"Me too..." Archer mumbled back, blushing as well as they both supported each other. With Ishtar having her head rest on the taller man's shoulder, and Archer who rests his head against her own.

"What did you two even fight about anyway?" Archer decided to ask. "I know that the two of you can't get along well, but to the point that a fight breaks out against you two. Is something that I would indeed expect but at the same time not that violent."

"Hmph... That stupid Goddess just declaring nonsense all over again. I was ready to launch my Noble Phantasm at her anytime as she continued to boast."

"Well, that's not good." Archer winced.

"Well, she had it coming. Though it's not fair..." Ishtar pouted.

"What isn't fair?"

"..." Ishtar decided to give Archer the silent treatment. Looking away as she frowned at him angrily.

"..." Archer slapped himself mentally. Why him? "What did I do wrong now?"

"You know what you did." Ishtar retorted.

"But I don't. That's why I'm asking you." Archer replied sarcastically.

"Sometimes I wonder how I can keep up with you."

"There's no need to keep up, you gave up long ago on me remember?"

"... Emiya..." Ishtar frowned at Archer, his words stung at how casual they came out of his mouth.

"Sorry. I guess that was my mistake in the end." Archer replied with guilt. "If you're still feeling guilty over the past, don't be."

"You know it's not easy." Ishtar said quietly, sinking deeper to Archer's shoulder. "Because of me not sticking by you, now you're destined with that journey that never ends."

"..." Archer remained quiet. Smiling a bit as he moved his arm and moved her hair to the side. "You really care for others, Tohsaka." Archer said with a soft voice. Ishtar widened her eyes at his tone, remembering back to when they were young.

"I-I don't..." Ishtar stuttered.

"But it's fine..." Archer breathed out. "My fate has been decided long ago the day I wished to become a hero. This was inevitable."

"..."

"Just being able to be here, I'll cherish and burn these memories into my heart for the longest. Even if I forget and fall into despair, I'll just get right back up again. That's how it's always been, and that's how it'll always be."

"And you're happy knowing that's how you'll live for the rest of eternity?"

"Nothing is eternal. It's impossible for something eternal to exist. A sword, no matter how durable it may be, shall slowly wear away with use. Everything alike is in this matter, whether it be machines, bodies, spirits... Everything gets damaged with time. Everything shall fade away eventually with time."

"And so, even if it's hopeless for me to believe that I'll be at peace one day, I truly believe that nothing is eternal. The journey may be long and impossible... But one I hope that there's a finish line to reach if one ever existed that is."

"Yeah... I hope so too. That you may rest eternally." Ishtar said with a smile.

"So you do care for people." Archer joked as he chuckled.

"I do... But I care for you the most."

"..." Archer felt the blood go to his cheeks. He looked at Ishtar who had her legs close to her chest, holding them tightly as she looked at him with a content smile on her face.

Yeah... She truly is the meddling Tohsaka Rin.

"So... Are you gonna tell me why you and the Goddess Astraea were fighting."

"Hmph... She said she wanted to take you out on a date, I didn't accept that." Ishtar said with a blushing face as she dug her face to her arms that rested over her knees. "She wanted to take you away from everyone else, I couldn't accept that... And then she decided to laugh at me saying how I'll never get close to you."

"..." Archer looked at her with silence.

"Who does she think she is. Seriously... I knew you far longer than she has. She has no right taking what's already been taken..." Ishtar said with a possessive tone.

"..." Archer's face reddened up at the sudden confession. A woman's jealousy would be something he'll never understand.

"And then you... You make things harder." Ishtar pouted at Archer.

"W-What did I do?" Archer asked with a gulp.

"You got a lap pillow from that Caster version of Saber... It's not fair." Ishtar said. "Why don't you ask one from me?!"

"Where'd you hear that from? Also it's not how it looks! She offered!"

"Doesn't make it better that you accepted it! She wouldn't stop boasting about it, too happy and she discussed how she got to feel your soft hair and everything. Not fair."

"The DereDere part is showing..." Archer mumbled.

"I refuse to lose you know? You know how I feel about losing." Ishtar said to him.

"Hmm? Sounds about right—"

"!" A soft pair of lips locked on with his for a while.

Once letting go, Archer stared at the Goddess Ishtar who stared back at him. Both were a blushing mess, and yet one of them had a smile.

"T-Tohsaka?" Archer asked who couldn't help but take a step back.

"And I'm not losing to that horrible woman! Or the others! Because Ishtar/Tohsaka Rin is a winner! And she always gets what she wants."

And so the move that was made just now caused a disturbance in the force.

This is war.

-~-

Word Count: 1,174