Chapter 14

"You need help with a gift you say?"

"Yes... You see... I just don't know what to do. What to get that is."

"Uh-huh." Archer nodded at the words of Medusa. His eyes looking at her. "But why have you decided to ask me for help?"

"You're the one who understands Parvati the most don't you?" Medusa asked.

"... Her vessel yes but the goddess herself no." Archer said with a shrug.

"Then whatever the vessel likes she shall like as well correct?"

"Why are you trying so hard to gift someone you don't know but interact with frequently so much?" Archer asked. "If at best, it's not like you should go out of your way to try and give her something, are the two of you not friends?"

"... It's just a feeling." Medusa said with closed eyes as she signs. "It just feels normal at least to try and gift her something... There are but shards of regrets I feel from being around her. Like I knew the vessel of that body of course."

"..."

Archer sighs as he puts his hand on his head and shakes his head.

"Somethings may never change I see..." Archer said. "Very well then, if you're that persistent. I will help out."

"Really?! Do you mean it?!" Medusa looked over at Archer in shock as the Bowman only shrugs sheepishly.

"You're persistent and won't stop bothering me, aren't you? If what you feel is true and you know you wish to do it only because you want to and nobody else. I have no reason to deny you of whatever happiness of said thing." Archer said with a smirk. "Cooking."

"Huh?"

"Parvati's vessel. She always liked to cook."

"The two of you cooked by side then?"

"Yes. My memories are vague of the past. But some things can be remembered. If nothing else, she's always been one step close to surpassing me." Archer said with a smile. "If nothing else, perhaps she already did... It's been a long time since I've been in that house... Eating with her... Those days are gone done." Archer said with a small frown as his face softened up.

"Anyways. If you want to gift her something. Try and cook up a meal for her. A bento shall suffice if I must say. She doesn't mind gifts. If nothing else, just giving her something like a meal cooked from you shall make her happy." Archer said with a smile.

"So that's it then? A bento?" Medusa asked in question. "That's what I should gift her?"

"Yeah... That is it. You wanted me to tell you what to gift her. And I did. If that'll be all. You can continue on your way and I'll continue on mine." Archer said with a nod as he began walking away.

"To your room once again Red Bowman?" Medusa asked him, the man only stopped walking after hearing her voice.

"Of course. I've done my duty in the kitchen for today. Feeding a lot of people isn't easy even with help."

"Have you not been spending time outside of your room? You've been spending a lot of time inside of it." Medusa says with a frown. "Parvati gets worried including a few of the others you know? It's not natural to keep yourself inside in isolation for quite a long time." Medusa says.

"..."

"Perhaps you're running away from something. Or a few people." Medusa says with a frown. "Acting like a coward if you ask me."

"... Yes. I suppose you're right. All my life I've been a coward. Nothing more." Archer says with a smirk. "If I was running away, I'd simply have already broken my contract here with ease. I just prefer to spend time cleaning and messing around with gear."