Chapter 22

"Hmm. Everyone is busy indeed. Figured as much, not once have people not been busy on a new event to come by. Especially in the day of love coming soon."

"..."

"Hmm? You've gone quiet now." Caren said, looking behind her as she saw the hurled up almost unconscious Archer struggling to stay awake. "Not even Lancer was this bad."

"Why am I your toy for today?"

"Toy? Hmm... Yes. I suppose you can say you are a toy. After all, is that why you get taken around like a doll by everyone else?"

"Gurk... I forget that this shroud may nullify physical damage, but not emotional damage." Archer winced at the insult. "Now that you put it that way, any piece of pride that I may have harbored shattered."

"The hero who is a fake that uses the techniques of others stating he has pride, such a surprise."

"You're right, I don't have any pride." Archer shrugged. "When it comes to fighting I guess you can say."

"So even you have pride..." Caren mumbled. "Not that I care, anyway, you shall be my doll for today Archer."

"Can't you at least take these binds off of me?"

"No. You'll run away if you have nothing to restrain you in the end."

"I wonder who in their right mind thought it was a sane idea to give you of all people the Shroud of Magdalene."

"You're quite knowledgeable about the Church. Given you're a magus, I suppose it makes sense."

"I worked with the church before when I was alive."

"Really now? Why would a mage and an executor work together?"

"To be fair... I was a mercenary."

"A mercenary... That's how you lived your life, Emiya Shirou?"

"... How do you know that name? How do you know me? Which timeline did you know me? What was the me from that timeline like? Don't tell me you're another love interest of mine! The author better have not added another one! I'll kill me—"

"Yes yes, self-hatred, kill your past self." Caren waved off, tightening her hold on the shroud as she dragged away the Archer with more force.

Another love interest? Hmm... Well... It doesn't matter, she'll use her toy for today as she wants.

-~-

"The fated that has come..." Archer looked at the calendar that he set up in his room. Looking at the giant circle marked on the 14th of February with a red marker. Many miniature nooses were drawn around the event, Valentine's Day has been... Many horrible experiences.

Even as a Guardian, his gift by Alaya?

"Happy Valentine's Day my favorite guardian~"

"U-Ugh..."

"What? You don't like it?"

"U-Ugh..."

"It's me~ Your one and only lover, Artoria Pendeagon~"

"..."

"What? Did I not get her voice right? Shirou?" Alaya asked innocently, the form of Artoria in front of Archer, and the voice was all the same as he remembered.

"Y-you... How much more do you want to torment me..."

"Aww~ Don't be like that, it's me, Saber~ Just me~ And nobody else~"