Chapter 25

He yawned as he cooked in the kitchen. The new day has arrived and the duties of the kitchen shall start soon. Once the right time hits, the cafeteria will open up. So, just like all the time. The cooking staff wakes up/arrives early to prepare breakfast.

It was calm as it was only a few of them. Him, Tamamo Cat, Boudica, Beni-Enma, Minamoto no Raikou, and of course, Senji Muramasa. For once he decided to have some sleep without forcing himself to after the event that occurred yesterday...

He can still think back to the event that occurred. And the taste of her lips. The smile she gave him and the declaration of winning his heart was unexpected...

But it felt welcoming.

It seems even now... He still harbors those same feelings he had for Tohsaka Rin. It's almost like he's reverting to his teenage years. He admired her, he'll admit. This is why it's hard to consider what he feels or how to react to such affection.

As the rest of the time went by in peace with no one talking, doing their own thing, and communicating silently to do this and that. Things were peaceful with just them here.

Yeah... The kitchen is the best place.

Decided to put away his thoughts of the event that occurred yesterday, he readies the day for whatever awaits him.

-~-

"It's been a while, Lancer."

"So it has Shirou." He stood in the simulation room with his opponent and fellow acquaintance. Looking at the dark armor of the woman in front of him, the helmet she wore truly would send fear down to any opponent, given that she harbors the presence of a dark king. But he bore no fear for he has seen the beauty underneath that helmet of hers.

"Thank you for accepting my foolish request." Lalter (Artoria Lancer Alter if you were confused, not sure if wrote that down in the earlier chapters) said towards the Bowman. "Frankly, it's been a while since we had our rematch."

"It's fine... You already know that whenever you want to fight against me, you can just ask. Besides, is it a rematch when you mostly pummel me from time to time?"

"You make a fair point. But at the same time, you must also give yourself credit."

"Don't worry, I do." Archer replied, his hands gripping Kanshou and Bakuya. "But at the same time I'm just being honest, that if we were to have ever fought seriously and all out, I would lose."

"The outcome has not been confirmed. We both know that you hold yourself back from using your true potential. Not once have I seen you use your Noble Phantasm as well." Lalter's piercing pale-gold eyes gleamed from her helmet.

"Even so, my self-proclaimed Noble Phantasm wouldn't even be able to defeat my opponent who mastered just one weapon."

"What do you mean?"

"Who knows, you'll have to find out whenever I do decide to use my Noble Phantasm." Archer smirked. "But in the end, if a Noble Phantasm is a weapon or ability of a Servant, then that thing that I possess may be considered my true Noble Phantasm." Archer frowned.

"Then I'll have you be forced to use it against me on our match today! Show me the power of someone who's made a pact with the world." Lalter declared against Archer, Rhongomyniad pointed right at Archer who only held a serious expression in return.

With a step forward, both Servants clashed blades with one another. The eyes of the king stared down as she forced down her spear onto the Bowman's twin swords. The Bowman stared back at her with those steel eyes of his.

Taking a step back, the both of them had yet once again another stare-off.

"Impressive as always, you continue to improve each time we fight." The Lancer could only praise the man.

"Thanks. Although there wasn't much to show besides a clash between us just now. Your charisma is something noteworthy. Are you sure your charisma skill is higher than E?" Archer asked.

"..." From beneath her helmet, the King of Storms can only feel her cheeks flush as she felt hot.

The both of them went serious. Deliberating blow after blow, despite how fast one can be against the other, their skills help in matching up.

Archer can only take steps back as he was being pushed back. Parrying strike after strike. His swords shattered in each strike, but he quickly would project a new pair each time and attack. The attacks of the King are not to be messed with... That's for sure. He can tell she went serious when he felt the speed and strength of her blows increase as time went on. He was on the receiving end.

It's gotten to the point where her strikes were like lighting speed to him, he could not read or see them. They were but blurs to his eyes.

Clang Shatter Clang

The only reason he's able to keep up is because of each calculation in his head. Not to mention thanks to his skill of the Mind's Eye. He's able to calmly analyze the battle conditions in his current state. With his skill, he's able to take appropriate action after he considers all possibilities to escape from certain predicaments.

He blocked his right side as he was ready to block another strike. But his eyes widened when he never felt the blow come.

"!" He got sent back after he felt the spear hit his open side, a blast of dark wind from the spear shot him, making him wince, sure that he felt a wound just be made. He clutched his side with one hand, then looking at his hand as he saw a bit of blood. Impossible... Not even his Mind's Eye predicted it.

"I was not lying when I said I'll make you show your Noble Phantasm." He heard his opponent say. "I'll be serious throughout this entire match." Lalter's voice was serious, and Archer knew that she was not joking around.

"..." With a strained smirk, he got into position again. This is bad already... She's not joking. Shit. Now he's in trouble.

Oh, this is bad. He can see her face from beneath that helmet of hers. And he knows the eyes of the storm approaching him.

This turned from a normal sparring session to a dangerous one. One where he'll have to give her what he wants...

The predator has her eyes on him. And sadly, he is the prey... In the palm of the Lion's Den.

A strained chuckle escaped as he shook a bit, oh wow... His arms are shaking, seeing the eyes of the king glow from her helmet.

He lied. He is not ready for whatever is thrown at him today.

He's doomed.

-~-

Word Count: 1,149