45

Jungkook rubs his eyes, tired as he approaches the meeting room. "Just speak from the heart, Jungkook." he reassures himself.
Jungkook steps in the room, walking around the long conference table and shaking everyone's hands before sitting at the head of the table.

"Listen, I love running Kim's. I want to take it around the world, make it a franchise. Cooking is one of my passions and I want everyone to share the love and joy within each other. Hell, I met my current girlfriend at the restaurant and I think she might be the love of my life..." Jungkook confidently says, his words fading when he comes to realization.

Up to this point, Jungkook has been gaining all the deals he wants with ease. Everyone is touched by Jungkook's honest points, but perhaps his most recent one was a little too honest. 
"Wait, girlfriend?... Mr.Jeon, do you work with your significant other? As head chef and manager, you must know that's forbidden." one businessman says. Him and his associates begin to exchange knowing looks before looking back to Jungkook, waiting for an appropriate response. Feeling the eyes on him, an unsettling feeling grows in Jungkook's stomach as he anxiously gnaws on his bottom lip; realizing the screw-up that could cost him his career.

Jungkook nervously laughs, "Oh, of course. She quit when we started a romantic relationship, don't worry." he says with a charming smile, making everyone around the table chuckle with relief.
"Good.. good. If things weren't that way that could've ruined everything, Mr.Jeon."
"I know." Jungkook sighs.

"Well? Let's get to closing these deals. We are thrilled to do business with you, but we just have one last accommodation. We need to change the name of your diner, it's outdated."

Jungkook scoffs, "This is very flattering, but outdated? The name 'Kim's' is not outdated. Respectfully, I am carrying the legacy of my good friend's restaurant that he built from the ground up. If I 'need' to change the diner's name to soemthing more 'new' or 'trendy'... then everything discussed here today is off and I'm out the door." Jungkook says.

"Mr.Jeon, we don't want to change the name to something completely different, we know of Mr.Kim and his reputation that he made through this café. In fact, we already discussed this decision with him over the phone." a businesswoman says, chuckling.
Jungkook furrows his brows, "What?"
"We want to change the diner's name to 'Jeon's'." she says. A warm grin begins to grow on his face, "Seokjin approved of this?" Jungkook asks.
They all nod, "In fact, he completely loved the idea. He said you deserve it, and we want Jeon's to be the name used all over the world for your franchise. Are you ready to sign these contracts?"

The grin on Jungkook's face grows wider as he tries his best to contain his happiness, "Yes." he sternly says with a single nod. Jungkook brushes off his tuxedo as he stands from his seat, reaching to shake hands around the table before taking the papers with one hand, a pen in the other.

"See you tomorrow for our next meeting to further discuss things. 8 AM, Mr.Jeon?" a businessman says. "8 AM." Jungkook responds, smiling as he walks out of the conference room.
He quickly dials numbers into his phone in excitement.

Incoming Call...
KOO<3

[accept]                  decline

You extend your arms, stretching as your eyes struggle to open. Barely grasping your phone when you hear your boyfriend's special ringtone, you quickly pick up the call. "Jungkook it's 5 AM—."
"Y/N I did it! I fucking did it! We're going to be a franchise!" Jungkook says on the other end of the line, his words immediately waking you up. Jungkook scrunches his nose with a smile as he hears you squeal on the other end of the line. "You're adorable." he says.
"Wait wait wait let me get the guys!" you say, rushing out of bed, trying to untangle yourself from the sheets.

You run from room to room, waking Jungkook's co-managers and your best friends up one by one. They'd groan when you'd enter at such an early time until you put Jungkook on speakerphone, letting him tell the news to them himself through the call as you hold your phone; hopping excitedly.

Namjoon smiled a beautiful dimpled grin, Taehyung's face lit up with his signature box smile, Yoongi simply stared in disbelief while frequently blinking, Hoseok started clapping rapidly in excitement and Jimin danced on his bed. All you have left to do is call Jin to tell him the news.
You grab Jimin's phone from him, dialing Jin while keeping Jungkook on the line with your phone.

"Jimin, what the hell do you want? It's 5 AM!" Jin scolds through the call.
"It's not Jimin, Mr.Kim. It's y/n and I have Jungkook on the phone in my other hand. He has something to tell you."

You hold the phone's speakers to each other while
Jungkook explains everything decided in the conference room, "The deals are practically settled but I'm still on the weeklong trip, discussing everything and getting into detail." he says before being cut off by Jin's cheering, "I knew you could do it!! I feel like a proud dad!" Jin says, breaking out into laughter of joy. Jungkook smiles from ear to ear, listening to his oldest friend's praise.
Ever since high school, all Jungkook has wanted is to make Jin proud. Taking on his legacy and expanding it has been a dream of Jungkook's and it is finally coming true.