11

[ 4 x 13 ]

[ 4 x 13 ]

Two Journeys

Tyra's whole body ached, especially since she could feel herself being shaken.

Ragnar who had woken up first had seen Ivar immediately and managed to get him to spit up water, after a moment dread had set in when he realised he was one child down. With Ivar crawling behind him they had reached his daughter who was laying face down the beach. Even with aching bones Ragnar had sprinted towards his daughter desperately.

He rolled her older and nearly cried in relief that her chest rose up and down. Ragnar shook her shoulders as she half lay in his lap, Ivar reached them and brushed the sand and hair away from away from her face.

A groan left her lips as she squinted to open her eyes. The sun blared down on her face but it was partially blocked out her brother and father learning over her head. "Ever heard of personal space?" She muttered her throat like sandpaper.

Ivar let out a relieved laugh, "She's fine."

They helped her sit up, her shoulder was in a monumental amount of pain but she could move everything just fine. Perhaps she had banged it again after the boat was capsized.

"Oh my Gods," Tyra looked along the beach and it was an absolute disaster; somethings had washed ashore from their ships and others hadn't, there were unmoving bodies as well. Vomit crawled up her throat but she forced it back down.

Ragnar stood up to look around but quickly ducked down by his children again, at first he thought it was Saxon soldiers but as they collapsed on the beach it dawned on him that this was the rest of the survivors.

Tyra squinted and lifted a hand to wave, one man tried to return it but ended up falling in the shallows. She chuckled but groaned soon after clutching her ribs, "Laughing is not a good idea."

The survivors had made it to a cave in the rock near the beach, at least this way if any Saxons came they would have enough time to come up with some sort of plan.

"What weapons do we have?" Ragnar asked as the men joined them in the came. A few lifted up an axe or two but nothing of great value. At the reminder Tyra felt her thighs and both daggers were strapped to her still as well as her sword which hung off her back, her cloak was long gone but perhaps it made it so her sword survived the journey. Either way she didn't care, at least she could protect herself and her family.

"So, Father, what are we going to do?" Ivar piped up sat leant against the cave wall. Tyra turned to her father the same as many of the men, he was the leader here and now they were monumentally screwed.