21

[ 4 x 18 ]

[ 4 x 18 ]

Revenge 

The week long decent down the countryside hills into one of the villages in Northumbria was easy enough, if you consider Cedric falling face first into mud and Tyra laughing her arse off before helping. It was hard not to notice how much happier the blonde viking appeared to be, after all she had just been given a small piece of hope which she clung to like a life line. 

She didn't want to think about how this is the kingdom where her father died. First, she would return to her brothers, and then... then she would take her revenge on those who would do her family harm. Tyra threw another pebble at the back of Cedric's head. During their walk, the blonde had come across many small stones and found it the perfect opportunity to get some entertainment on their never ending journey. 

It bounced back from the Princes' head and Tyra held in a laugh as he stopped, exhaled loudly but then carried on walking. He was doing everything in his power not to get annoyed. It was like travelling with a child, he thought to himself and winced as another rock hit the back of his head, worse. He pushed a bush out the way of the path they were on, having diverted away from the stream. 

Since being together for over two months now, Cedric - although slightly annoyed with the behaviour - was glad that. Tyra was starting to open up and be herself around him and he was doing the same. His thoughts of using her for knowledge on the vikings was the very last thing on his mind. He also didn't want to know what Tyra would do if she found out, luckily it was a secret between him and his father. 

A twig snapped nearby and Tyra's head shot in the direction of the sound. "Did you hear that?" 

"Hear what?" The Prince muttered not stopping, thinking she was just playing a trick on him again. 

A nearby whinny halted him though. He rushed towards his viking companion and hurried them both into some large bushes where they could see the other side. Tyra's eyes grew wide with disbelief as she saw a clear cut road with a carriage going down it, two white mares leading with a small force of guards walking beside it. "Must be someone important," she cautioned. 

"I recognise those guards, they're from Wessex." 

"Is that good or a bad?" Tyra asked watching them. It could be good and both could return to Wessex with little hassle being escorted by a company of guards; or It could be awful and they would kill them with very little thought as no one ever knew the true loyalty of anyone.  

Cedric didn't answer as the group moved further down the road, eventually leading out of sight. Evidently a choice was made as neither moved forward to talk to the group. The Prince brushed a hand through his hair and sighed, trying to decipher what their next move should be.