January 3 Part 2

Daphne POV

I continue my trek down the steps all the while keeping my eyes on the red head that has taken up residence in my seat. The closer I get I see that she's got her chest on display, barely covered by her "shirt," pointed right in the direction of Chris as she leans in closer to him.
I reach the isle and Chris goes to stand. "Oh, do you need to get by," the girl asks.
   "You're in my seat," I tell her timidly.
"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She stands and starts to move to the isle behind us but not before she throws a wink over her shoulder at Chris.
I move past Chris and sit. I'm choosing not to acknowledge this situation further at the moment. It would do nothing but increase my insecurities. Instead I choose to dig through my purse not looking for anything specific although I can see Chris squirm in his seat next to me. "She Uh, noticed I stood during the first responders recognition and wanted to thank me," he tells me.
"Yeah, okay," I say as I continue my pointless digging.
"Daphne," he says.
  "It's fine, Chris," I say with a smile I hope is convincing enough. "I'm just looking for my chapstick. I should know better than to carry such a large bag. Can't find anything." Crap. I'm rambling.
  I'm relieved when the team comes skating back onto the ice. His attention can go back to the game and hopefully not notice the tears I'm trying so desperately to swallow back. I let myself fall further into self-doubt. Chris deserves more. He deserves a girl who has confidence within herself to just put herself out there like the red head. Or at least a fiancé with confidence to tell the woman to back off. But that's not me.
  I attempt to lose myself in the game because truth is I'm enjoying it. I love sports, especially when I can be there in person. I want to be fully present in the moment but I'm struggling.
  Some how I make it through the second period. Chris leans into me and tells me he's going to get a drink and asks if I'd like those nachos I had mentioned earlier. As much as I want them, the thin red head behind me reminds me that they'll just go straight to my hips. I decline and just opt for a bottle of water.
   Before Chris goes he mentions that he's a bit warm and decides to take off the jersey. Not sure if he did it for me or himself. I don't mind the eye candy I find when he removes it. He's wearing a black tee that fits snug around his biceps. It's a V-neck shirt and for the first time since we've been dating he's not wearing an undershirt with it. That's when I see the small black writing peeking out at his collarbone. "Mr. Evans," I say causing him to turn back to me. "Have you been keeping a little something from me?" I point towards the ink. 
  "Not exactly. Just thought you'd like to wait to know until you are Mrs. Evans," he answers me with a quirk of his brow and a side smile. "Imaginations are incredible things," he says as he starts up the steps. He knows he just left mine running rampant. I exhale a large mouth of air and am suddenly feeling the urge to fan myself.

I check my phone for messages and notice I've got one from mom asking how things were going. I let her know everything is going well and about my surprise massage earlier.
As I'm scrolling through my emails I over hear a conversation going on behind me.
"I slipped him my number after telling him I'd like to model that jersey and nothing else for him." I recognize the sugary sweet voice that belongs to the red head. "You wouldn't believe the lust that filled his eyes. Oh how I'd grab a hold of those muscles of his while I give him the night of his life."
My stomach begins churning as I feel a tap on my shoulder. Hesitantly I turn in my seat to find the red head leaning over to me. "Do you mind switching seats with me? I'll keep your brother company I promise." I look at her disgusted but all I can say is no and turn back around. How do I not even have the confidence in myself to tell her he's my fiancé? What made her think he's my brother?
Did Chris really take her number? I look down at myself, fully covered showing no skin. Of course he'd take her number as he had a front row seat as her breasts practically waved at him with an invitation.
Chris comes back from grabbing drinks and hands me a bottle of water while his back is to the ice before turning to sit down. He pulls his phone out as it rings. "It's Scott," he says as he takes it.
"Did you see that tat and chain?" I hear that woman's stupid voice again as she talks to her friend. "Can't wait for that chain to dangle in my face."
I can't take anymore and get up, crossing in front of Chris as quickly as I can. I'd like to slap the woman but apparently she doesn't even think we're together. Guess he forgot to mention it as he accepted her number.
Chris grabs my wrist and looks at me confused. He's still listening to Scott on the line so I just mouth 'bathroom' and continue my walk.
I'm thankful the third period has started which means the restrooms are empty. I go into a stall and slam it shut. I lean back and let the tears I've been choking back fall freely.
I slow my tears down enough that my breathing begins to regulate. I step out of the stall only to be greeted by a mess of a woman looking back at me from the mirror. I swear I can hear her telling me "he's leaving you, he's going to find what you won't give him, he's probably chatting her up right now." The rush of thoughts are interrupted by my phone.