Wedding Day Part 2

Third person POV

  The photographer moves around Daphne's suite capturing moments as she continues getting her hair and make up finished. Lively chatter fills the room. Room service brought up a platter of fruit, cheese and crackers.
James dropped off Sarah to get ready as well but held onto baby Ellie. He stays just long enough to snap a picture of his sister sitting with rollers in her hair. Daphne playfully sticks her tongue out at him as he snaps the photo. "That ones going on the wall, little sister," he tells her.

From the corner of her eye Daphne sees Hazel run for the bathroom. The sounds coming out indicate that the baby is not in a good mood right now. "Babe, can you run and get a ginger ale for Hazel?"
Rene asks her husband.
He leaves as Hazel walks back in from the restroom. "You okay?" Daphne asks her.
Hazel nods her head as she grabs a couple of crackers. I keep forgetting that if I don't eat every couple hours I start to feel sick to my stomach."
"James went to grab a ginger ale. Maybe it will help."
"I might need to change my bouquet of flowers to a bouquet of chicken nuggets," Hazel says with a laugh.
"Can someone hand me my phone? I'm gonna text Cynthia about making sure Hazel has a chair available if she needs to sit," Daphne tells the group.

Another hour passes and all that's left is to get Daphne in her dress. Her make up is a little bolder, darker than normal but her skin actually looks flawless. She can't stop admiring the make up artists work. "Don't think I've ever felt this narcissistic in my life," she laughs.

  Everyone except her mom and Rene steps outside while Daphne dresses. She's wearing the bridal lingerie her mother gave her with the blue embroidery on it. She slips out of her robe and steps into her dress. The women do the best they can to keep themselves together as they step back once Daphne is situated.

  "My beautiful baby girl," her mom says with tears in her eyes

  "My beautiful baby girl," her mom says with tears in her eyes. "I am so proud of you,"
  Daphne places a kiss of her mother's cheek being careful of their make up. "I'm going to go get your dad."
  She opens the door to leave and the others pour back in all with words of praise for the beautiful bride. But just before the door shuts, Daphne can hear her mom, "oh! Chris you look so handsome!"
  The butterflies have taken up residence in Daphne's stomach once again, multiplying every few minutes as she waits for her mom to return with her dad.

  Laura knocks on the door to give a warning that she's back. Before opening it Daphne is placed in the middle of the room with no obstructions for her dad's first look. The photographer finds her place to capture the moment as everyone else backs away from Daphne.

  Rene opens the door for Adam to enter. One look at his baby and he's in tears. He clasps his hand over his mouth and is speechless. His eyes red as he takes in his beautiful daughter.
  "Oh, daddy," Daphne says as she tries to hold in her tears. Hazel comes to her rescue with a tissue that she dabs at her eyes before the tears can fall.

  Adam Jeffries walks up to his little girl and takes her hands in his. He squeezes her hands tightly. "Weren't you just grasping my finger with your teeny tiny little hand yesterday? And now," he takes a deep breath, "now you're getting married." His tears flow freely as he leans in to kiss her cheeks.
  You can hear the click of the photographers camera catching the sweet moment between father and daughter. Laura joins the two after giving them time alone. "Daddy you look so handsome," she tells her father noticing his tux. It's a light grey suit with a sage green colored tie. Same as Scott and Hayden's. Chris will be in a darker grey suit with a sage tie as well.