a wake up call

I slowly opened my eyes feeling drowsy, my lids were heavy with sleep and I did not like being distracted but I couldn't figure out what was waking me up.
Then i slowly started to take in my surroundings, I was laying on a dark velvet sofa with a soft pink blanket covering me but I was in the middle of a garden. It seemed to be the middle of the day from where the sun was but I was the shade of a large tree. There was a light breeze and I could faintly smell some short of a flowery scent.

"Adrien! Why did you wake me up?!" I yelled, he still hadn't shown himself.
He walked slowly, his hands holding a bunch of the different flowers that were growing around us.

"Ah- rose!" Adrien seemed surprised, relieved even seeing my face.

"What? You forcefully wake me up and then act surprised?" I said, my annoyance clear in my voice. My lids still felt heavy, like I wanted to sleep for a long time. 

"You are sleeping rose, I've told you this a million ti- nevermind that, rose are you okay?"

"Yea?... sleepy I guess"

"Rose do you have any idea what's going on, like in real life?" Adrien asked this time seeming careful of his words.

"No, I can't even remember-" suddenly everything hit rose like a brick "DIMITRI!"

"ah.. there you go, okay rose I need you to listen to me, no matter how sleepy you are, I need you to wake up, okay?"

"Why?" I was still confused, I remember waiting for my mom and the other guardians to return but then thinks get blurry. I was replying all the information I knew when I remembered everything.

Strigoi, bad vampires that kill for blood, had attacked our school, the academy. I was with dimitri when I got nausea indicating their presence, I had warned the guardians and most people had been okay. But the strigoi had taken people from the campus, including my friend Eddie and I had pushed for a rescue mission. After much effort the rescue had been lonched but there were complications like with any other deadly situation and some people had been left behind. Including dimitri.
I had asked ghosts about him when it all got overwhelming and then I remember nothing. 

"Adrien.. God" I said fully remembering what was happening.

"Don't worry, your precious belikov is fine" adrien said looking at me with concern and determination but I could see the hint of jealousy that had made him say that.

"Listen, rose nevermind that, you're.. you've been in a coma-"

"What!" I was now very confused but some part of me was still focused on the fact that dimitri was okay.

"Yes, listen, the previous times when I tried to get to your dream, you were just sleeping or being honestly very violent, I've been using too much spirit, i won't be able to hold onto this dream for long. WAKE UP ROSE! you need to wake up!"

And with that the dream dissolved around me and sleep found it's way back to me.

It was very comforting, almost like it was calling me but adriens voice rang somewhere in the back of my head 'wake up rose'.
If only I could just sleep for five more minutes.
Yea, I'll just sleep for-

Coma

I'm in a coma

I can't sleep. I need to wake up.

'Wake up rose! You need to wake up!'
Adriens words came back to me in hollow voices somewhere in my head and I had use all my will-power not to dismiss them. Some still rational part of me reminded me that this was important and I needed to listen to it.

It took me sometime to actually focus on it but eventually I made myself aware of my surroundings. First thing to come back to me was smell and some sense of my surroundings then I slowly opened my eyes.
They still felt heavy and like they were glued shut to my face I managed to open my eyes with effort.

I took in my surroundings, it seemed to take forever for me to process things, I was in the school hospital I realized, I was on one of the white beds, covered with a pink blanket... so that's where the pink blanket was from... and around me were a bunch of my people.
They all slowly came into view, adrien sitting on the bed next to me with a glass of water. on my right lissa sat on one of the chairs.
She was quite and I couldn’t help but just stare at her for a second.

She looked angelic like always but her eyes had dark circles under them and her black top was a little too wrinkled.
I could tell lissa had been worried... i had never really been injured in a way before where lissa couldn't heal me. And I knew without using the bond and not being able to help must have made lissa crazy.
With effort I looked away, feeling guilt and sadness fill me from our last encounter which had been a fight.
To my shock, my mother,Alberta and Eddie stood to my left.

No dimitri.

My heart began to sink. Did adrien lie?

_____________
I wanted to upload the first two chapters together since the first one is so short and doesn't showcase much of the stories tone, I hope you enjoyed so far!
Have a good day or night wherever you are and whatever time it is!